What's new

What - No Patriots posts yet on this historic eve!?!?!?!?

Congrats to the Patriots. As a somewhat chagrined and embarrassed Chiefs(Chefs?)fan, I have been watching the Pats for a number of years now. i don't follow them closely but do of course catch the highlights and pay attention to their greatest asset; Bill Belichick. I have been as impressed with his coaching as any coach I can remember watching in the last 35 years. Especially his take no prisoners approach to the first Superbowl he coached. John "Boom" Madden was just having a hissy fit when Belichick went for the win at the end of regulation instead of kneeling and taking a chance in OT. This sort of thinking outside the normal coaching channel is why he is the BEST in the business. I have been a serious Pats admirer ever since watching that Superbowl. The guy is flat out driven. When he is speaking to his men on the sidelines, their eyes are focused like lasers on his. They BELIEVE in his coaching and PAY ATTENTION to what he is saying. It is no wonder they win so many games. I realise talent has much to do with this but who would have thought that a sixth round QB like Brady would be where he is without some serious tutelage? Talk about coaching. The guy loses both of his co-ordiantors in one year and the team still beats the crap out of just about everybody they play. The have cut supposedly "integral" parts of their team like Viniteri and the WR(can't remember the name)and just keep winning. It reminds me of Shanahan at Denver. Just keep plugging guys in and winning. Except Belichick does it even better. Sorry guys, I know I sound like a Pats fanboy. I truly am a Chefs fan(well, it depends on how long they leave Herm/Carl here)but as an NFL fan I just can't get over the Patriots. Go Pats and add number four to the list.

Regards, Todd

Come to think of it...aren't the Patriots owned by the guy who owns Remington...ELECTRIC razors???

Randy

They used to be and the guy was a **** owner. His name is Victor Kiam, he bought Remington after liking the raors. Ypou may remember his catch phrase from his commercials... "I liked them so much I bought the company!" Seriously a bad owner.

Currently they are owned by Robert Kraft, who saved them from being moved and built a fabulous stadium. He operates the Kraft Group a holding company, real estate, sports stuff, paper and packaging, etc. He's also been a Patriots fan since childhood when his family was season ticket holders. Guys a GREAT owner.

The Stadium is Gillette Stadium because gillette paid for the naming rights, it's based out of Boston, not because he owns it.

The Stadium is Gillette Stadium because gillette paid for the naming rights, it's based out of Boston, not because he owns it.

True but Kraft is not the sole owner of the stadium. Gillette has been based in Boston since its humble beginings. To the best of my knowledge anyway.

I've always been unde the impression that Kraft, or at least his company Kraft Group, owns the stadium outright... And the name is merely Proctor & Gamble paying for the naming rights after they bought Gillette.

I've always been unde the impression that Kraft, or at least his company Kraft Group, owns the stadium outright... And the name is merely Proctor & Gamble paying for the naming rights after they bought Gillette.

It may well be but this is what I was told....I would not be the first time I was given the wrong info....:lol:

But hey now...the "Skins" are winning...yahooooo!!!!!

I'm a Panthers fan, and after they took our Super Bowl away a few years back...well, they can all die and burn in hell.

And Brady has a beard like a fifteen year old fat girl.

That said, if they lose the Super Bowl, the season's worthless. Hopefully they will.

Thanks Todd for your comments. I've always enjoyed your NFL commentary.

The Pats are a very impressive organization... I say that as a big Colts fan and one who pulled for the Giants the other night.

I've found that I like and despise Belichick for a lot of the same reasons. I admire his dismissal of what is said about him in the press and his unwavering focus on performing his duty, that of winning games. His devotion to what he obviously loves doing is very evident.

Having said that, I have a problem with the way he handled the "spy-stuff" at the beginning of the season. Throughout the entire event, he gave the impression that he was not accountable for his actions or those of his team. I have a problem with that. Great leaders have always had their moments of failure, its part of being human. The way these leaders rebound from those periods says a lot about their character. Belichick's lack of a response indicates a little of his.

I congratulate the Pats on their victorious season and am looking forward to their loss to the Colts in the AFC championship. :biggrin:

Fantastic season so far for the Pats. To tell you the truth, I wanted Brady to get the TD record more than the perfect season.

Fantastic season so far for the Pats. To tell you the truth, I wanted Brady to get the TD record more than the perfect season.
Amazing how he got it and so many other individual and team records were achieved as well. Even if Brady looks like a fifteen year old fat girl with a beard :biggrin:

Prior to it being Gillette Stadium, it was briefly CMGI Stadium but the busting of the Internet Bubble caused this Venture Group to fall on hard times and get out of the deal. They had signed a $20 Million Naming Rights Package with the Kraft Group. The stadium was built entirely with private financing.

It amazes me that people forget the Patriots took the Colts deep into the championship game last year with a receiving corp that was weak at best and numerous injuries themselves. They lost because the Colts made they plays they had to. They have beaten everyone this year so far. Granted the AFC East is not as strong as other divisions, but they also beat Washington, Indy, San Diego, Dallas, New York Giants and Pittsburg; all playoff teams.

-Scott

I made this post on the eve of the Pats' 16th win. But pretty soon we'll be able to recycle this thread title for the Superbowl matchup. :biggrin:

Top Bottom