What's new

What is your loudest razor?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
GEM Micromatic (single edge) by far.

Since we're in the double edge forum, I do have a pretty noisy hollow sounding '48-49 US Aristocrat.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My bathroom exhaust fan is almost directly overhead. I shave after my shower, so I rarely hear anything except that fan.

My loudest is without a doubt the Razorine Flatboy. It's the only razor I can hear with the bathroom exhaust fan running.

20221218_052242.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My loudest is without a doubt the Razorine Flatboy. It's the only razor I can hear with the bathroom exhaust fan running.

View attachment 1574104

I just recently read about this razor, and it definitely peaked my interest.
It seems like a decent deal @ about $50 for a stainless handle and all brass head.
I'm curious as to how it shaves, and how you like it?

Thanks

The original stainless Ikon Slant. So many posts of people joking about how loud it was when it came out. It bends the blade and twists it fairly aggressively so I doubt it’s what we call chatter. Similar slants seems to have people making the same observations. My girlfriend can hear it if she’s in the bathroom with me when I shave.

I just recently read about this razor, and it definitely peaked my interest.
It seems like a decent deal @ about $50 for a stainless handle and all brass head.
I'm curious as to how it shaves, and how you like it?

Thanks

It may sound strange but it shaves like a shavette. Which actually makes sense because the flat shaped head is shaped like a shavette, but the handle is attached to the head like a DE instead of like a shavette. Razorine does make a similar shaped head on their double edge shavette. To me, the Flatboy is a bit of a novelty, very different than other DE razors.

It takes some concentration to maintain the proper angle for the best shave. It's fun to use once in a while but I personally wouldn't suggest using it every day.

Top Bottom