What's new

What is your goal blade stash?

I have simplified my hardware and software usage during the last 2 years.
This is pretty much my mentality. I like to find the one thing I like the most and stick to it. The goal stash is one razor, one soap, one brush, one hanging sleeve of blades, one pre-shave, one splash, one balm. I think I already found my endgame blade, but... even that probably won't stop me from trying others.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Where do you find 100 feather blades for 39 dollars?
I got a 200 pack for this from Pasteurs a few weeks back, got to check Shopping and Deals from time to time:

Feathers are still available, just at 2x the price I paid for my bulk pack five years ago. Which even back then was 2x as much as my other blades.

However, I've since discovered a few other blades that are close in sharpness, smooth, a lot longer lasting, and cost half or less.

In my experience, Feathers start extremely sharp and smooth, then by 3rd shave turn into an average decent blade, and are done after 4th shave. All other blades I keep in my rotation (Nacets, Permasharps, Astra SP, 7 O'Clock Yellow) maintain their sharpness much longer and last at least twice as long. I don't stock Bic Chrome Platinum, but judging by the sample tuck, it's close in sharpness to Feather, just as smooth, and a whole lot longer lasting at less than half the price.
They just had a sale at Pasteur Pharmacy where 200 Feathers were thirty-some dollars.

I posted this thread in the Deals forum.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
This is pretty much my mentality. I like to find the one thing I like the most and stick to it. The goal stash is one razor, one soap, one brush, one hanging sleeve of blades, one pre-shave, one splash, one balm. I think I already found my endgame blade, but... even that probably won't stop me from trying others.
I like your thinking, a lot. I am down to one razor (ATT Windsor), one blade (Personna Lab Blue), two brushes that are identical other than handle color (Kent BK4 and BKB4...today, an even numbered day, is the BK4), one soap (brain bowl of MdC original), and two aftershave splashes (4711 and Acqua di Selva, both colognes). A blade usually gets used a week or two. I estimate I still have about fifty, but I am thinking of buying a 120 while they are available. Ridiculous but true.

Feather blades can be had regularly for under $30. And if you buy 200-300 at a time there’s a few places on the bay to get them for around $22-25 per 100. You just have to shop around instead of only looking at your favorite couple stores.

I’m always looking for the best prices on everything but I have no interest in the Feathers myself. I have a couple hundred and I wouldn’t be surprised if most are still around after I’m gone.

To you guys only having one razor, one soap, one blade type… god bless ya. But what are you doing on a shaving forum - this is a place for crazy people like myself who have to try everything out :lol:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Feather blades can be had regularly for under $30. And if you buy 200-300 at a time there’s a few places on the bay to get them for around $22-25 per 100. You just have to shop around instead of only looking at your favorite couple stores.

I’m always looking for the best prices on everything but I have no interest in the Feathers myself. I have a couple hundred and I wouldn’t be surprised if most are still around after I’m gone.

To you guys only having one razor, one soap, one blade type… god bless ya. But what are you doing on a shaving forum - this is a place for crazy people like myself who have to try everything out :lol:
My 200 blades were $37 which included the shipping from Pasteur's.

Truer words were never spoken. :pipe:

My best-performing razor/blade combo is probably my least used one. Too predictable, it's almost like shaving with a cart. Where's fun in that ?

My 200 blades were $37 which included the shipping from Pasteur's.
I seen that deal myself but didn’t buy any since they aren’t in my top 20 blades. I’ve seen a few sales like that over the years but the prices i mentioned above are everyday prices people can order anytime they want. I do love my sales though, and a lot of times wait for Black Friday before making big purchases.

If anyone is paying $40-50 for 100 Feathers they need to do more shopping around. $30 is the most id pay since there’s many places to get them for that price - even the big websites with a 10-20% coupon code or mil discount.

But there is a few places on the bay to get 200 for around $50 and that’s not on sale. And I see one place that has them for $19 per 100 if you buy 3+ but shipping is $6. That would equal $21 per 100 if you order 300.

I seen that deal myself but didn’t buy any since they aren’t in my top 20 blades. I’ve seen a few sales like that over the years but the prices i mentioned above are everyday prices people can order anytime they want. I do love my sales though, and a lot of times wait for Black Friday before making big purchases.

If anyone is paying $40-50 for 100 Feathers they need to do more shopping around. $30 is the most id pay since there’s many places to get them for that price - even the big websites with a 10-20% coupon code or mil discount.

But there is a few places on the bay to get 200 for around $50 and that’s not on sale. And I see one place that has them for $19 per 100 if you buy 3+ but shipping is $6. That would equal $21 per 100 if you order 300.
Can you pm this site that sells feather for 19usd pls
?

I have around 6660 De Blades in 2 stashes. one stash if for incomplete 100 packs and loose packs and backup soaps . 1 stash is for untouched boxes of blades and packaging of shaving gear. i also have a small box that i use for shaving holding 1-2 packs organized per brand (not in the count).

the only thing i regret is not getting more Pol silvers when they were still available i though i'' get some more at a later time and then they were gone.

IMG_3185.jpg

I have around 6660 De Blades in 2 stashes. one stash if for incomplete 100 packs and loose packs and backup soaps . 1 stash is for untouched boxes of blades and packaging of shaving gear. i also have a small box that i use for shaving holding 1-2 packs organized per brand (not in the count).

the only thing i regret is not getting more Pol silvers when they were still available i though i'' get some more at a later time and then they were gone.

View attachment 1846322

6660 blades... assuming 5 shaves per blade, 360 shaves per year... over 92 years worth of blades.

Very impressive.

Is your real name Lestat ?

About 6000. I buy every blade I haven't gotten if the price is OK, and I buy 100 if it isn't a lot more than buying 5. I also buy a lifetime supply of any Russian blade I like in case I decide to use that one exclusively until I die. I figured this was more conservative than buying lifetime supplies of every blade I like for myself and each of my sons.

It is just a few pounds of stainless steel and some paper. There are more important things to worry about that actually make a difference, like the setting on my thermostat in the Summer or whether I decide to log the trees in the hardwood stand I own.
1000005905.jpg

Top Bottom