What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

$hair-glo.jpg

Murray’s Hair Glo from 1925 is what I'm using today for my hair. I’m not a light pomade kick right now in choosing slick pomades rather than the heavies that I’ve been using for ages. This is vintage pomade. I want to see what the lighter pomades look like in my hair. I’ve got a TON of them. Murray’s Hair Glo is a famous pomade brand from the 1920s.

It’s perfect for a slick back hair style. It’s ideal as a topper over a heavy pomade like Murray’s Superior or Dax Wave and Groom. What I’m learning is that even light pomades like Murray’s Hair Glo can hold my hair down perfectly. The trick is to use a lot of it. I went with five scoops of it in wet hair, parted to the side. My blond hair looks like Cary Grant right now. We’re talking movie star. This pomade is perfect for the ‘just out of the shower’ wet look. It’s great for that. Despite me needing a haircut, I was able to slick my hair to my sides perfectly, as if I have short hair. My hair looks neat! I think this pomade would be perfect for anyone, as it’s so perfect in giving the clean cut look. It’s like Ivy League type of pomade.

My hair is completely dry now, and yet it looks like I just stepped out of the shower. I like the fresh look that it gives me. It’s perfect. You don’t get this look from mediums and heavy pomades. It’s only the lighter pomades that give you this perfect look to your hair. Hair Glo is absolutely fantastic pomade.

Ratings: I rate Murray’s Hair Glo with 5 stars.

Ingredients: Murray’s Hair Glo contains petroleum, lanolin, coconut oil and fragrance. It’s a high shine pomade. I wouldn’t say it’s the top pomade for shine, but it’s definitely up there.

Styling: There’s enough lanolin in this pomade for me to style my hair. It’s got decent hold. I think it’s a little easier to style than Dax Short and Neat pomade.

Scent: The scent isn’t that bad. You can’t really smell the pomade once you apply it, which is good, because I can’t stand having pomade that I can smell all day long.

Shine: Murray’s Hair Glo gives me the Humphrey Bogart type shine to my hair. I literally look like a movie star right now. My Ann Bankcroft look-alike girlfriend is coming over today, and we plan on going to a restaurant. It’ll be too stars making a Hollywood entrance, me with blond hair, her with beautiful brown hair. She’s heaven on earth.

Yesterday, I used Dax Short and Neat. It came out really easy in the shower without me needing mineral oil or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist to remove it.

Hold: The hold of Murray’s Hair Glo is better than I would expect given how light this pomade is. It’s the lanolin that helps strengthen the hold.

Top Bottom