What's new

What brush / bristle for more of a scrubbing feel?

R

rodeo

My current and only brush is an EJ BBB and I wouldn't mind getting a future brush that is firmer rather then softer. (I don't envision buying myself any Super or Silver Tips.) I'd rather get something that I will "feel" more on my face and provide a more massaging / exfoliating feel to it. Actually, I was a bit surprised at the LACK of bristle feel with my EJ BBB.

So, what do you guys recommend? What brush / bristle for more of a scrubbing feel? I don't want it to feel "prickley" as some have described it yet I wouldnt mind feeling the bristles on my face as one would envision what a utility brush might feel like to your skin. Does anyone else enjoy that type of brush?

I think I have an answer - the Simpson Colonel X2L in Best. I, too, have the C&E BBB and wanted something firmer with more face-feel that did not splay. And the Colonel has met all those expectations. And it is, if anything, softer than the C&E and massages the face so that you know it is there. It works fine with creams, best with soaps. The Simpson has let me enjoy experimenting with soaps where the C&E really didn't.

The Boreal 976. Whoops! That's not available.

Us boar fanatics will wholly recommend boar bristle to you. Somehwta like the Semogue 1400 series and the 620. These use boar bristle, set in a 22x50mm knot. They are available from Vintage Scent.

R

rodeo

I think I have an answer - the Simpson Colonel X2L in Best. I, too, have the C&E BBB and wanted something firmer with more face-feel that did not splay. And the Colonel has met all those expectations. And it is, if anything, softer than the C&E and massages the face so that you know it is there. It works fine with creams, best with soaps. The Simpson has let me enjoy experimenting with soaps where the C&E really didn't.

Colonel or is it the Commodore?

The Colonel. I looked into the Commodore, which has a bit higher loft as I recall, but went with the Colonel. Had more feedback from people on the Colonel than I did on the Commodore.

Sounds like the Semogue 620 is exactly what you are looking for. Based on my extensive use of this brush, it is exactly as you describe.

R

rodeo

Thanks for those suggestions guys. I was thinking my next brush in this endeavor would likely have to be Boars hair and I do want to try a Semogue anyway. I wonder how soon to their next special release?

R

rodeo

Us boar fanatics will wholly recommend boar bristle to you. Somewhat like the Semogue 1400 series and the 620. These use boar bristle, set in a 22x50mm knot. They are available from Vintage Scent.

Sounds like the Semogue 620 is exactly what you are looking for. Based on my extensive use of this brush, it is exactly as you describe.

I just bit the bullet and ordered one (620), along with a Semogue Owners Club brush also. I wanted to try a Semogue and have been following the Owner's Club Brush thread too. Since two people here suggested the Semogue 620, I figured I'd just get both brushes at one time. Much appreciated for your suggestions. I have a feeling I will wind up a fan of Boars Hair brushes and will know soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom