What's new

What are your 12 days of Holiday scents?

Hey everyone!

This is my first holiday season on my wet shaving journey and I had a blast getting some Halloween sets!

I'm trying to save my money and get the essential holiday scents! At least 12 of them!

I scooped up I Gingerbread Man in July from PAA and I have Stirling Christmas Eve and Candy Cane on its way.

Do you know of others that are out there that I'm going to have to add to my Grooming Garrison???

I tagged some artisans on my Instagram page and got more from Subtle Art, The Shave Mercantile, and AA Shaving, but I know there is more out there.

Any help would be awesome!!!

Thank you!

Shavetrooper

I appreciate and understand your enthusiasm for shave soaps. I've been there and definitely have suffered from SAD (soap acquisition disorder).

If you really want 12 holiday themed scents my recommendation would be to purchase samples. Most samples will give you 4-5 shaves and if you've got 12 of them that gets you up to 48-60 shaves. Plenty to get you through the holidays even if you shave daily.

Realistically, 12 full tubs of soap would get most shavers through 2-4 years worth of shaving. If you buy that much, what are you going to purchase for the 2024 holiday season?

I only mention this because you wanted to see how you could save money. The answer is to buy samples. Trust me as someone who has been there. 🍻

I like the pine scents for the holidays. Captain's Choice discontinued North was a great one. Hendrix James Bond has a nice piney scent I would imagine patterned after Floris #89.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Just for fun you can always play Grinch and get Noble Otter Batters Up. Something I imagine the Grinch would happily use. Then re-gift it to someone you dislike, to keep in the spirit of things.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
12 scents? Hmmmm 🤔

I only have 10 fingers & thumbs for people to pull, but I guess if my meals vary, that will change the outputs enough for double-pulls on two fingers. :eek:

I appreciate and understand your enthusiasm for shave soaps. I've been there and definitely have suffered from SAD (soap acquisition disorder).

If you really want 12 holiday themed scents my recommendation would be to purchase samples. Most samples will give you 4-5 shaves and if you've got 12 of them that gets you up to 48-60 shaves. Plenty to get you through the holidays even if you shave daily.

Realistically, 12 full tubs of soap would get most shavers through 2-4 years worth of shaving. If you buy that much, what are you going to purchase for the 2024 holiday season?

I only mention this because you wanted to see how you could save money. The answer is to buy samples. Trust me as someone who has been there. 🍻
Save money as I'm going to save up money to purchase! lol I do have some samples on the way, too.

I do swap out with my son now, so I do share with him. And my SAD is BAD, but I do shave everyday and love the variety.

Thank you!

I like Vespers from Barrister and Mann. It shares a little bit of flavor with Stirling Christmas Eve, but it is still unique.

Stirling Christmas Eve

Stirling Candy Cane

Razorock Caribbean Holiday :)

I've only recently purchased two Christmas themed scents (they just arrived today, Pasteur Black Friday sale), Noble Otter 'Tis the Season and MacDuff's Santa's Workshop, they both smell very good and festive and I'm looking forward to my first shaves with both. They'll also be my first experiences with these soap bases.
One other that I'm trying to see if I can swing this year is House of Mammoth's Santa Noir. I've had their Tusk base before and it's in my top three for performance and post shave.

I just got MacDuff's Santa's Cheer, smells nice

1000000360.jpg

I think I may go a little overboard when it comes to Christmas seasonal soaps. They all smell great and contribute to excellent shaves. MacDuff's offers a fairly large selection of Christmas orientated soaps. Bad Santa is my favorite with Christmas Cabin vying for that same spot.
20231126Soap.jpg20231129Soap.jpg20231109Soap.jpg20231127Soap.jpg20231128Soap.jpg20231124Soap.jpg20231130Soap.jpg20231201Soap.jpg

I only have two: Noble Otter 'Tis The Season, and Wet Shaving Products Formula T Peppermint. And B&M's Taiga, but that's more of a cold-weather scent to me, not necessarily a holiday thing. They're all fantastic, but I'm keeping an eye on this thread for this year's seasonal purchase.

Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop is good.
Stirling Ozark Mountain isn’t specifically for the holidays but it has a nice evergreen scent that smells like you just brought in a Christmas tree.

Wgg is right, my man. You need to buy 12 samples of you're going to do this or you'll have 3 years worth of soap that you'll probably only use around the holidays? Even 12 samples will take your months to get through

Sticking to my 'minimalist' mindset. I will continue using my Badger soap and Old Spice aftershave. However, I believe the LOTH/family will give me a bottle of English Leather aftershave for either Christmas or my birthday.

Top Bottom