What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Evan Williams bottled in bond

Filled a 40oz tumbler about 1/2 with ice and then filled the remainder with the Evan Williams.

Watching the Astros and decomposing (I know) after visiting with my 83 year old mom.

We had to separate my parents after 63 years of marriage.

Dad’s mind is strong but his body is weak.
Mom’s body is strong but her mind is weak.
She would not allow a provider and refused assisted living.

Doesn’t work for keeping them safe while together. They are 86 and 83.

So I am a sorry blah blah blah of a son.

Not good for each time I take her for groceries or to medical appointments.

I don’t wish this on anyone.

Filled a 40oz tumbler about 1/2 with ice and then filled the remainder with the Evan Williams.

Watching the Astros and decomposing (I know) after visiting with my 83 year old mom.

They are fortunate to have you making the decisions. Best to you.

First time ever that I had proper Margaritas. Unfortunately on a rather cool Viennese evening but they must be da bomb at a sunny beach!
I may have had one on a solo lunch trip today! The heat and humidity combo in SW FL the last few days has been unreal. After riding 20 miles on the mountain bike (Started at 7 am and by the time we finished the feels like temp was in the triple digits!), I needed a cold one with that salted rim. For the electrolytes.

That bottle is getting awfully low. Been hunting for a glencairn glass at the local thrift shop for 5 month now and finally saw one and that was purchased immediately. I think I am set on the glass front for now.

IMG_1914.jpg

I was supposed to buy something on Saturday and well just plainly forgot. As I am writing this I am contemplating the next few purchases for the budget cabinet I have been putting together in the last few month and other than a bourbon for mixing (must likely will be Evan Williams bottle in bond ) and a bottle of Tequila , I am know looking to expand the cabinet again. I am thinking at lower proof bourbon compared to the 101 and will expand the price point to $50 a bottle as I will not need to purchase a bottle every week at this point. If you have any recommendation let me know. I am thinking 1792, Elijah Craig or Four Roses as options. In the mean time I tried some Penelope this week end that was really great at $60 a bottle ...

That bottle is getting awfully low. Been hunting for a glencairn glass at the local thrift shop for 5 month now and finally saw one and that was purchased immediately. I think I am set on the glass front for now.

View attachment 1849065

I was supposed to buy something on Saturday and well just plainly forgot. As I am writing this I am contemplating the next few purchases for the budget cabinet I have been putting together in the last few month and other than a bourbon for mixing (must likely will be Evan Williams bottle in bond ) and a bottle of Tequila , I am know looking to expand the cabinet again. I am thinking at lower proof bourbon compared to the 101 and will expand the price point to $50 a bottle as I will not need to purchase a bottle every week at this point. If you have any recommendation let me know. I am thinking 1792, Elijah Craig or Four Roses as options. In the mean time I tried some Penelope this week end that was really great at $60 a bottle ...
WT 101 was my Dad's go to. Could not quite wrap my head around it. Now I keep a bottle on hand.

A couple of weeks ago I was able to score a bottle of Siempre Reposado (nom 1414) It's an adequate repo, decent flavor profile. Not quite my go to for sipping neat, though with one cube it opens up and mellows a bit and is pleasant enough. None of the flavors are pronounced: some agave, some mint, a touch of alcohol when straight up, a very light touch of vanilla.

Clearly a difficult position. Doing what's best to keep each safe may be the most important thing and that is not an easy task.

God Speed.

View attachment 1849065

Elijah Craig would be my pick of those you mentioned.

I’m trying to cut out booze during the work week, so it’s been a lot of sparkling water with bitters the last couple weeks… it’s painful to peruse these threads and see all your tasty bevies :cool:

Top Bottom