What's new

What are you cooking for V-Day?

My wife prefers my cooking to most restaurants (especially after I finished culinary school), so with the exception of her birthday when I take her to her favorite restaurant in the area, all special meals are prepared at home.

For Valentine's Day this year, I'm making Chicken Cordon Bleu, Asparagus, and Risotto per my lovely bride's request. Chicken and Asparagus are being prepared sous vide. I firmly believe EVERY home cook should invest in a sous vide device (especially now the price is ridiculously low). Take a $7/lb steak (flatiron) and finish with a steak that is as tender as filet, and as flavorful as rib eye? Yes please!

So, I can't be the only one doing something special today... What are you cooking?
$uploadfromtaptalk1423953898133.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1423953912939.jpg

The lady of the house here opted for lamb. So it was braised with some beet, spaghetti squash, broccolini, and radicchio. $uploadfromtaptalk1423970814855.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've seen that pic somewhere before.....

And it looks just as delicious here as well.

Made individual beef wellingtons, she made roasted veggies, and garlic truffle mashed potatoes. I made chocolate covered strawberries, and we had a non-alcoholic Manhattan from the speakeasy subforum as well.

$photo 1.JPG$photo 2.JPG

Brian, you're going to have to provide your recipe and tips for cooking the Wellington. If it tasted half as good as it looks, Gordon Ramsey would even say "good job!"

Top Bottom