What's new

What are the best Indian made blades?

My only experience with Indian blades are the 7 o'Clock Supers - one of my faves.
My Astras are years old and apparently my 7 o'Clock Greens were Made in Russia

I couldn't hold off any longer. Finished my first shave with the Statum Platinum Chrome a couple hours ago on 30+ hrs growth.

20240125_225608.jpg

Made in India, 10 blades per tuck, double wrapped and no glue dots.
20240125_225532.jpg

This is a blade that's flown under my radar previously, although after researching it, I noticed a few forum members who've used it regularly. It also seems to be quite popular on a UK Shaving forum that I frequent.

Went with the Lupo 95 due to familiarity and countless shaves, although on reflection, the 72 might have been a better first choice.

Prepped with a hot shower, then warm washcloth to face for a bit. Lathered with Canada Shaving Soap.

This is a sharp blade and I could really feel it by my second pass. Even managed a weeper close to my Adam's apple which is a fairly rare occurrence with my shaves. No pulling or tugging whatsoever. Two passes and slight touch-ups along the jawline left me BBS on cheeks, jawline and upper neck. DFS for the remainder. This blade might even be a bit bitey for me but smooth enough all in all. I ended up with a close and smooth shave with only slight feedback from my alum bar. Not sure I'd pick this over my Wizamets or Minoras but it's good enough to draw me back for a second shave, perhaps with the Wolfman 1.05 wr2. Of course the usual YMMV disclaimer applies. Have a great shave. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I couldn't hold off any longer. Finished my first shave with the Statum Platinum Chrome a couple hours ago on 30+ hrs growth.

View attachment 1785956

Made in India, 10 blades per tuck, double wrapped and no glue dots.
View attachment 1785957

This is a blade that's flown under my radar previously, although after researching it, I noticed a few forum members who've used it regularly. It also seems to be quite popular on a UK Shaving forum that I frequent.

Went with the Lupo 95 due to familiarity and countless shaves, although on reflection, the 72 might have been a better first choice.

Prepped with a hot shower, then warm washcloth to face for a bit. Lathered with Canada Shaving Soap.

This is a sharp blade and I could really feel it by my second pass. Even managed a weeper close to my Adam's apple which is a fairly rare occurrence with my shaves. No pulling or tugging whatsoever. Two passes and slight touch-ups along the jawline left me BBS on cheeks, jawline and upper neck. DFS for the remainder. This blade might even be a bit bitey for me but smooth enough all in all. I ended up with a close and smooth shave with only slight feedback from my alum bar. Not sure I'd pick this over my Wizamets or Minoras but it's good enough to draw me back for a second shave, perhaps with the Wolfman 1.05 wr2. Of course the usual YMMV disclaimer applies. Have a great shave. :thumbsup:
Japanese steel. Chrome and Platinum sputter in plain writing. Good signs. Looking forward to further feedback. At this point, I am not sure I want to invest too much into new blades, I already have too many great ones, but who knows, there may be something even better!

Japanese steel. Chrome and Platinum sputter in plain writing. Good signs. Looking forward to further feedback. At this point, I am not sure I want to invest too much into new blades, I already have too many great ones, but who knows, there may be something even better!
I did around 4 shaves with that blade in a couple of my more rigid clamping razors, the Lupo 95 and Wolfman wr2.
They were plenty sharp enough for my beard, even a bit bitey from the start like some of the Indian made blades can be to me. I'm thinking like the 7 O'clock PermaSharp Stainless. The 2nd shave was smoother than the first and third shave was about the same.
I don't know about top tier but right up there with Supermax and Treet Platinum. You can get them pretty cheap on eBay from an Indian seller.

I've yet to revisit them because I just received a Blackbird Ti recently, so trying to use blades I'm more familiar with until I get my technique dialed in on this razor.

I did around 4 shaves with that blade in a couple of my more rigid clamping razors, the Lupo 95 and Wolfman wr2.
They were plenty sharp enough for my beard, even a bit bitey from the start like some of the Indian made blades can be to me. I'm thinking like the 7 O'clock PermaSharp Stainless. The 2nd shave was smoother than the first and third shave was about the same.
I don't know about top tier but right up there with Supermax and Treet Platinum. You can get them pretty cheap on eBay from an Indian seller.

I've yet to revisit them because I just received a Blackbird Ti recently, so trying to use blades I'm more familiar with until I get my technique dialed in on this razor.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a nice blade, but there are other options. Paying $10 vs $20 for 100 blades in not a real difference if I feel like there is greatness in the $20 blades. I already have plenty of $10 blades for body shaving though!

I like the white package Winner blades. Both the black and white package were good blades but i like the white one more. I would say that the white package is top tier. I havent tried the newer Gillette Indian blades.

Between Supermax, Treet and the most recent RK blades I would like to have all the Indian and Pakistani blades which are endless.
I already have about five thousand blades of different brands and taking packs of two hundred blades each time creates difficulties because I would have to give them away more often.
Not to mention that I have hundreds of Euromax platinum blades and Silvermax and Starmax stainless are on the way.
Now I'm also waiting to receive the carbon Treet New Edge and Gillette Wilkinson Sword Indians, then I'll decide which one to choose.
I actually prefer Indian and Pakistani blades and, finally, I also liked the Bengali Shap blades even if they didn't seem very sharp but docile.
At the moment, among those I have tried, the best Indian blades for me are the Euromax ones.

Last edited:
Compared to the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock how are the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword?
I often read that Indian GWS are very sharp and too sharp, does this match?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I hope I am not offending people, but I wonder why Indian razor blades aren't as highly regarded as the Russian ones are. Articles about Gillette's products specifically mention the facial hair of Indian men tends to be dense and tough and so razor blades produced for them need to be super efficient and long lasting due to the average incomes there.

I'm very curious about Indian market (not meant for export) razor blades like Laser Ultra or Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp. It seems like they should be great blades for little money.

I guess I'll know soon personally for the Gillette. Some members here have called it mild which seems odd considering the remark I made above.

View attachment 1785264
I find the Permasharp blades wonderfully smooth and not nearly sharp enough. It would be one of my favorites if it worked for me.

Good discussion!

Wish I could contribute, but I have used mostly Personnas, Lord and, of course, Russian blades. :popc:

I am particularly interested in Indian blades and have tried to do research.
If you type the word "shaving blades" in Bengali on YouTube, many videos of blade sellers such as Bengali Sharp stainless, Champion, Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword, Vidjut Supermax different types, Laser, Rise classic and other models come up.
Furthermore, another type of blade that I had only seen and read maybe on the German shaving forum is called the Starke Premium stainless steel blade and has the German flag on the package.
It seems they are produced in India for a German importer who then distributes and sells them on the market.

Last edited:
Compared to the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock how are the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword?
I often read that Indian GWS are very sharp and too sharp, does this match?

As long as the blade is smooth, there is no such thing as being too sharp (in my opinion).

The Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword is a very decent blade. I bought my saloon pack of 100 when they were $6.

That is an excellent value as the German Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades were around $18 at the time. I have both. Not that there is anything wrong with the German made version but I think they are overrated for the price. All my PPI blades are as good or better for the price at that time (between $9 and $15).

I think that India is a far more competitive market than Germany. Except for the Black's, every thing made there was less than $10. No QC issues with any of the major brands.

Top Bottom