What's new

Westvleteren 12 available in the US

Party Source, which is the closest location to me sold out almost instantly. 48 6-packs gone in about 2 minutes.

It is a fantastic beer.
I had the pleasure of buying a pack of 24 direct at the brewery once.
They were gone fast.

St. Bernardus Abbey ales are considered to be a close approximation to the Westvleteren brews, as they use to be under contract for Westvleteren.

It was available at a few select liquor stores in Ontario as well. I initially thought about trying to pick up a pack, but quickly changed my mind when I heard about the 6:00am or earlier lineups at some locations :blink:

I think I'll enjoy a St. Bernardus 12 tonight instead!

St. Bernardus Abbey ales are considered to be a close approximation to the Westvleteren brews, as they use to be under contract for Westvleteren.

According to friend of mine, it's almost identical save for the water.

I called every place on the list in Iowa and Minnesota. No dice.

Oh well.

I had one when my first daughter was born in the hospital. It is a great beer but the differences between it and St. Bernardus 12 are very very small. I have my bottle and can always remember when I had it but that is about all future effort I will put into obtaining one

Let me preface this by saying that I have never had the beer.

I have no doubt that this is a great beer, and certainly it is something MANY people are willing to shell out the money to buy just say they have had it. That being said, I'd rather have 6 or so of the 750 ml bottles of St Bernardus 12, Westmalle, Rochefort or any of the other fabulous abbey/trappist beers that are readily available for under $15 a piece.

Last edited:
I've paid $7 for an 11.5oz a bottle of Rochefort 10 and it's worth it, but I'd have a hard time paying over $14 a bottle for the W12 since there are indeed some that are nearly as heralded and much more available/affordable. A local shop puts the ST B on special quite often and I can pick up 2 bottles for $7. Now, if someone gifted me some W12 I'd probably savor it like it was honey from heaven!

Top Bottom