What's new

Week of 1912?

Jeff, hope the new "weapons" treat you well!:wink:

The temptation was just too much to resist. Last night I loaded up the G-bar with a Gem blade that had 2-3 shaves on it. It worked great! I'm still impressed at how all of these SE razors seem to be better at beard reduction, yet more comfortable than my DE razors. So far I've tried the 1912, 1924, pushbutton Gem, Gem G-bar, and even the Schick injector. I guess it's the thicker blades or maybe they can attack from a lower angle. Whatever it is, it's cool. They do deserve respect, though, as I've had some rough shaves while honing my technique. But once you get it down, it's just as easy as DE razors.

I have a Schick injector loaded up to try tomorrow, but next week I'll give that Micromatic some attention. I'm interested to see how the open comb on it compares to the G-bar.

Thanks again!

~Jeff

This thread is turning from a week of 1912 gem to more of a "my gem experience". Its been over 2.5 weeks lol, I think its really great to hear the different experiences though. :cool:

Regular 1912 users realise all too well,what an under-appreciated tool they are wielding.:rolleyes::rolleyes:All the Gem's that I have used are great shavers,but the 1912 along with the Micromatic is imho one of the best shaving devices ever produced,without a doubt.:wink::smile:

Top Bottom