What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Today I am wearing my old, trusty SINN divers watch. I bought that watch some 20 years ago directly from Helmut Sinn. His daughter was a secretary in the same company I work for and she gave me all the info I needed. At this time, SINN was just a brand for insiders, mostly pilots, a few divers and Germany's first Astronauts....and the watches were all handmade in Frankfurt in a small manufacture and very affordable! Now, its a status symbol to some extend and sold in much higher numbers and surely at much higher prices.
Still, the watch is great, although the lume is pretty much gone now. The movement is an ETA 2892-2A, same as in my IWC Porsche Kompass watch.

Today I am wearing my old, trusty SINN divers watch. I bought that watch some 20 years ago directly from Helmut Sinn. His daughter was a secretary in the same company I work for and she gave me all the info I needed. At this time, SINN was just a brand for insiders, mostly pilots, a few divers and Germany's first Astronauts....and the watches were all handmade in Frankfurt in a small manufacture and very affordable! Now, its a status symbol to some extend and sold in much higher numbers and surely at much higher prices.
Still, the watch is great, although the lume is pretty much gone now. The movement is an ETA 2892-2A, same as in my IWC Porsche Kompass watch.

Nice, even though it is an ETA.

Just kidding :biggrin:

Sinn is a nice company. I passed by their factory in Glashütte.

This morning I went with another one that doesn't get out of the box much anymore
proxy.php

Spotted an Omega Seamaster Pro the other day at work :drool:

Also, stupid question I am sure, but were there any Rolex watches with a Japanese movement?
Saw a little Ladies DateJust, and at 6 o'clock, instead of +swiss made+ it said Japan Movt.

Spotted an Omega Seamaster Pro the other day at work :drool:

Also, stupid question I am sure, but were there any Rolex watches with a Japanese movement?
Saw a little Ladies DateJust, and at 6 o'clock, instead of +swiss made+ it said Japan Movt.

It was a fake.

Rolex makes their own movements and they are "Swiss Made".

I'm not a but Rolex fan but that is one pretty watch...Kudos sir!

Thank you. I really liked how half of the numbers were roman and the other arabic.

I really enjoy wearing these old watches because of their size. The newer watches bug me when they get caught on my sleeve...too big.

Right now I'm just wearing a wath that wsa given to me by my sister a few years ago for a birthday. It's an Unlisted watch. Not sure of the model or anything. My father is having one of his old watches restored and he's givng it to me. I don't know what it is yet. His father was a watch-smith (co-owner of a store in Winnipeg). I know it was one of his, passed down. No battery, all mechanical, and gravity wound. I'll show it off once I get it. I also have a few other watches at home, nothing fancy, including a pocket watch (which I never seem to have the opportunity to wear). Most need new batteries.

Top Bottom