What's new

Warning: Ugly handwriting and a ball point!

$DSC08330.jpg

I have a Pilot 78g with the M nib and love it. I use it mostly with Diamine Midnight, or Pelikan Brilliant Black ink.
As far as your handwriting goes, that should improve with practice. Get some notebooks and start writing. A lot. My cursive writng has made noticeable improvement in a very short time.

Oh, and congrats on the new AD! In the span of about a month, I went from never having used a fountain pen before, to owning four pens, two extra nibs, three bottles of ink, and two fancy (for me at least) notebooks.

Best of luck friend!

Welcome to the Nib, cant wait to hear about your thoughts on your first fountain pen, its always great to see people get all excited when they first ink it up, and the second post about inking their own fingers up is usually pretty good too

Glad to have you around, feel free to ask any questions you may have

Thanks for taking your time to decipher my hieroglyphs guys.

It won't be my first fountain pen.

In my first years of elementary school (mid 80's), a fountain pen was mandatory. Probably to prevent bad habits from slipping in when learning to write.

I have gone back to writing with a fountain pen (a Lamy ABC) at a later stage and I do recall it improving my writing. I did consider ordering a Lamy ABC again but it just looks a little bit too corny. I might buy one for my son when he goes to school.

your writing may not look like it .. but its easy readable :thumbup:

I also had a subject at elementary school .. "Краснопис" (dictionary says calligraphy .) .. special notebook with 4 lines guides (for the exact height of letters, tails etc) .. and it was done with a dip pen and ink .. bout block and cursive - Latin and Cyrillic. Oh man how many pages has my mother torn from that notebook, making me re write em over and over again hahaha :a4:

Top Bottom