What's new

Wald A1 Synthetic Brush

Great write up!
Which knot do you like better?
Also would be curious to know which handle shape you prefer?
Thank you!

I think the 29mm fan is the more unique experience and the one that I would pick (if I had to really choose). But honestly they are different and while both perform excellently, the experience is different and will appeal to people based on what they are looking for in a brush.

As for handles, they are both very comfortable in hand. As others have mentioned the one downside to the nimbus handle for a bowl latherer is the large ridge can knock up against the sides.

The only thing I could really add here is I agree with @ewk in his assessment of the Calyx handle and how it is very comfortable to use. I wasn't too sure about it in the beginning, but I can definitely say its design has grown on me and as I've said before it performs way beyond my original thoughts. I remember when I first received it I thought there is no way it was a 27mm knot and actually pulled out my caliper to measure it and was surprised it was!! I'm in a year long sabatical right now and hope come January, Jannick is still making the Stratos 29mm as that is next on my buy list...

proxy.php
I use badger but The Calyx is the first synthetic that I like, is very different :eek2:

Slightly off topic for this A1 thread but today Jannik released the first drop of J4 badger brushes. I didn’t say anything before the drop because I was hoping my fingers would be quick enough to get one for myself. I did manage to get one but the drop sold out very fast, as I anticipated. They are €499, so there’s that too.

Anyway, just so you guys are aware the J4 badger is finally out. There will be more. And Jannik says he expects to offer badgers more frequently again from now on.

Slightly off topic for this A1 thread but today Jannik released the first drop of J4 badger brushes. I didn’t say anything before the drop because I was hoping my fingers would be quick enough to get one for myself. I did manage to get one but the drop sold out very fast, as I anticipated. They are €499, so there’s that too.

Anyway, just so you guys are aware the J4 badger is finally out. There will be more. And Jannik says he expects to offer badgers more frequently again from now on.
Can’t wait for the full report with pictures. It sounds amazing based on Jannik’s description. Congratulations on getting one of the initial releases. Also curious why all J4 will be fan shaped.

Last edited:

Yeah - I saw the drop announcement on IG and received email.

Went on exactly at drop time - had one in my cart but got rejected by Apple Pay. This was ~30 seconds after drop time. Woof

Im sure the knot will live up to expectations - enjoy.

I wonder why Jannik did not add his logo to the gengar shorty remaining from the last drop. It is a beautiful brush. Do you think the size and/or not having a logo played a role in it not immediately selling?

Top Bottom