What's new

Walbusch Adjustable Slant DE razor

The handle and the knob suggest it may be a distant relative of the Apollo Mikron razor.

So how does it shave, or did I miss your comments on that?

Any clue as to the decade of manufacture, perhaps in the instructions pamphlet?

The handle and the knob suggest it may be a distant relative of the Apollo Mikron razor.

It is definitively a variation on a Merkur Progress. These were produced in the 1950s.

Graydog

Biblical Innards

I would like to know also , Has anyone shaved with these Beautiful Razors ?

Of course I shaved with this beauty! I have to say it was near to a perfect shave. Maybe, it's because I still am in kind of a honeymoon-mood, but those shaves were on of the best.

As some mentioned similarities between several razors, I took some more photos.
From left to right: Eros B3 (thanks to @efsk) - Walbusch B5 - Merkur Progress - Matador Micro (similar to Ben Hur/Apollo Micron)

IMG_20190614_180229.jpg
IMG_20190614_180233.jpg
IMG_20190614_180239.jpg
IMG_20190614_180304.jpg

As you may see, Eros B3 and Walbusch B5 have a veeery similar head and Walbusch B5 and Merkur Progress have a veeery similar handle and knob. The Progress' knob fits into the Walbusch's handle and vice versa.

Thank you all for your kind words. Hope this thread stays alive :D

I would like to know also , Has anyone shaved with these Beautiful Razors ?
I used mine for the second time on Wednesday. The first use was with an older blade and even with it wide open it was OK'ish. On Wednesday I used a new Gillette Minora blade in it was great. A 2 Pass BBS, (WTG and AGT plus two touch-ups where I normally need to). Next Feather that I open will get its first use in it.

Its aluminium and plastic so on the light side for me. Its a better shave than my Merkur 37 or my Punktal.

proxy.php

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Scored this B5 a few weeks ago while traveling. Now that I am home, time for a test drive. After a good bath, loaded it with a Feather. No *****-footing around, turned adjuster to 5 and away we go. Results after two passes were a impressive shave. Even cleaned up spots on my jaw line always that give my troubles. I mostly use straight razors, but this razor is a keeper. Going to make my Ziglar jealous

B4FA1E7A-07F8-4874-8F71-0489EF419451.jpeg
9F475CE4-ACC3-48B3-8957-DCC5FAC90E08.jpeg

The B5 fully open is quite a different beast from the rather mild Ziglar :)
Congrats with this beauty!

Top Bottom