What's new

Vitos Aftershaving (latest formulation)

Since last week I've been using Vitos after shaving so here are some thoughts..

IMG_20240516_165202.jpg

The bottle is heavy glass similar to Proraso and the cap is simply made out of plastic..

The first thing I smell after applying it, is a little bit of orange and some lavender mixed with some herbal notes(maybe patchouli or green tobacco).
the orange smell is subtle and isn't zesty and it isn't very much like candy, it is masked by lavender and that herbal notes and some spice. as the time passes by it becomes more sweet and powdery with a slight amber and musk notes. the drydown is mostly sweet powder and maybe a very small amount of vanilla with a little spice.
the scent is strong without being offensive and lasts about 5 hours on me.

IMG_20240516_165328.jpg

the scent has some similarities with Floid and Clubman. Clubman is more musky and have that bright citrus and a strong lavender on top, and Floid is more floral and have menthol.so chances are if you like them,maybe you will like this one too..The amber note is also has very little similarity to Furbo vintage orange(which has mainly a dry amber incense type of scent with very little powder that is hard to detect, and the whole scent is very different than Floid or Vitos).

IMG_20240521_174333.jpg

The face feel is very good and has right amount of moisturizing properties without being sticky at all. It's menthol free and have little more alcohol than Floid. It has that crisp clean "powdery" face feel which is very nice indeed.

I like its middle notes very much, which to me are similar to my old Erasmic shave cream(made in Jordan, metal tube). It is that classic 50s barbershop clean type of scent IMHO. So for me these two are the right combination..

IMG_20240521_174629.jpg

I don't have the old version from 15 years ago on my hand, so I'm not able to tell how different this version is.

One more thing..I put some on my shirt yesterday and now it smells heavenly..the powdery notes are much crisper and cleaner than on my skin and the orange smell is more bright and is still detectable on drydown..

Since last week I've been using Vitos after shaving so here are some thoughts..

View attachment 1849818

The bottle is heavy glass similar to Proraso and the cap is simply made out of plastic..

The first thing I smell after applying it, is a little bit of orange and some lavender mixed with some herbal notes(maybe patchouli or green tobacco).
the orange smell is subtle and isn't zesty and it isn't very much like candy, it is masked by lavender and that herbal notes and some spice. as the time passes by it becomes more sweet and powdery with a slight amber and musk notes. the drydown is mostly sweet powder and maybe a very small amount of vanilla with a little spice.
the scent is strong without being offensive and lasts about 5 hours on me.

View attachment 1849847

the scent has some similarities with Floid and Clubman. Clubman is more musky and have that bright citrus and a strong lavender on top, and Floid is more floral and have menthol.so chances are if you like them,maybe you will like this one too..The amber note is also has very little similarity to Furbo vintage orange(which has mainly a dry amber incense type of scent with very little powder that is hard to detect, and the whole scent is very different than Floid or Vitos).

View attachment 1849898

The face feel is very good and has right amount of moisturizing properties without being sticky at all. It's menthol free and have little more alcohol than Floid. It has that crisp clean "powdery" face feel which is very nice indeed.

I like its middle notes very much, which to me are similar to my old Erasmic shave cream(made in Jordan, metal tube). It is that classic 50s barbershop clean type of scent IMHO. So for me these two are the right combination..

View attachment 1849915

I don't have the old version from 15 years ago on my hand, so I'm not able to tell how different this version is.

One more thing..I put some on my shirt yesterday and now it smells heavenly..the powdery notes are much crisper and cleaner than on my skin and the orange smell is more bright and is still detectable on drydown..
I might need to look for the new version to have it side by side with the old Rinfrescante.

9641DCDE-553D-41D9-841A-A0602D80D223.jpeg

Well, I do have the old vintage heavy glass bottle , and here is the ingredient list .The label is not as nice as the new version . Looks like
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
they changed the formula , but I can tell you the Vitos I have smells just like the Clubman the barbers used on us in the 1950s - 1960s , the best barbershop scent ever ! By far my all time favorite !

Well, I do have the old vintage heavy glass bottle , and here is the ingredient list .The label is not as nice as the new version . Looks like View attachment 1849941View attachment 1849942they changed the formula , but I can tell you the Vitos I have smells just like the Clubman the barbers used on us in the 1950s - 1960s , the best barbershop scent ever ! By far my all time favorite !
Sounds like the perfect barbershop scent to me..as mentioned in my review the new version has some similarities to Clubman. Did you ever try newer versions?

No Amin ... never tried any of the newer versions ....
I don't think it's available in the US, but there are some online shops in Italy that always have some in stock, got mine from amazon.it through one of my friends in Turkey that had a trip to Italy.

Nice review

I have an old bottle of the Vitos tobacco aftershave and like it.

Would like to try more of them.

I haven’t checked lately. As I’ve kinda given up. But does anyone have a source for Vitos aftershave that can be purchased in the US.

Nice review

I have an old bottle of the Vitos tobacco aftershave and like it.

Would like to try more of them.

I haven’t checked lately. As I’ve kinda given up. But does anyone have a source for Vitos aftershave that can be purchased in the US.
Can you please post a pic of your bottle, and how do you describe the scent? Thanks..

CCE70F1B-731A-4576-B560-34C45FE54CCE.jpeg

It’s kind of a hard scent for me to accurately describe.

Sort of an orange, powdery cured cigar tobacco leaf mix, that I have never smelled before.

I like it a lot. Wish I could get another bottle to have in stock after this one is gone.

Last edited:
View attachment 1852723
It’s kind of a hard scent for me to accurately describe.

Sort of an orange, powdery cured cigar tobacco leaf mix, that I have never smelled before.

I like it a lot. Wish I could get another bottle to have in stock after this one is gone.
This is the original version...true barbershop scent.

The newer versions may smell different but they still work well as a classic barber style lotions

Thanks for the reply

I don’t recall seeing this style of bottle for a long time. I know they have changed the labeling on the bottles.

But this is the first and only bottle of Vitos aftershave I have purchased. I bought it off a shave forum forum a few years ago. The price was right and I wanted to try a tobacco scented aftershave.

I liked the scent as soon as I smelled it. Looked around to find another bottle. But didn’t have any luck. Can’t seem to get any Vitos aftershaves here in the US now days.

Do you have any idea how old this bottle may be?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

I don’t recall seeing this style of bottle for a long time. I know they have changed the labeling on the bottles.

But this is the first and only bottle of Vitos aftershave I have purchased. I bought it off a shave forum forum a few years ago. The price was right and I wanted to try a tobacco scented aftershave.

I liked the scent as soon as I smelled it. Looked around to find another bottle. But didn’t have any luck. Can’t seem to get any Vitos aftershaves here in the US now days.

Do you have any idea how old this bottle may be?

Well thank you for posting that beautiful pic..
I don't know the exact date of your bottle but I think somewhere between 2015-2018, as the versions from 2011-2014 that I saw had a slighlty different lable than yours(pictured below)

Vitos_4.jpg

But the oldest one that I saw online was on a german forum which dates back to 2008 (below)
Link: VITOS u. EDEL 45 After Shave Barbier Düfte - https://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php?topic=3005.0

2383754~3.jpg

I see the switch from DIMETHECONE to Simethicone.... don't think that would affect the scent though ...
Yes, there is high chance that these versions are identical scentwise..

These versions that you and
@ksblazer have is the greatest barbershop scent of all times..

I hope you get the new one for comparison , I really like to know how much the scent has changed

Last edited:
Top Bottom