What's new

Virtually New Shavemac D01 2-Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a virtually new Shavemac D01 2-Band. It has the ivory 173 handle and was custom configured on the Experts Select section of the Shavemac website. I ordered a 26mm D01 2-Band knot set to a 52mm loft. The knot I received measures 27-28mm at the top of the handle, and the loft is at 52mm. The brush was purchased in December 2015 and has been used exactly five times in a large rotation. It has not shed any hair and has no cosmetic or quality issues.

D01 2-Band, which is Shavemac's highest level of badger hair, is so highly regarded I don't think I need to say a lot about it. This brush exhibits the density, backbone and scrub D01
2-Band is well known for. If your preference is for softness, Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band is probably better for you. However, if you like backbone and scrub, D01 2-Band is what you want. With a 52mm loft, this brush splays enough to work effectively, without losing its backbone and scrub. In my experience, D01 2-Band is quite similar to Simpson Manchurian.

After trying several diameter/loft combinations in bulb shaped D01 2-Bands, I found that this 26/52mm combination is ideal for me. The only reason I'm selling this brush is that I have the same knot in a 167 handle, which I prefer. I have more brushes than I can enjoy, so I can't justify keeping two brushes with the same knot and different handles.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The cost of this brush was $192.78, which includes a loyal customer discount from Shavemac and shipping from Germany.

Price is $100.00. This includes CONUS shipping. I'll ship abroad with a slight increase in the price to reflect the additional shipping cost. PayPal. No trades please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom