What's new

Vintage razors....what are you hunting for?

I like huge choppers with original grinds. I am usually game to at least try getting one that is not in my collection or a considerable improvement over something I consider a placeholder. The only thing I have felt compelled to buy recently though was a virtually new 14 carl rader blade

I got the long searched for Puma 69 6/8, so I'm fine thank you, but if I'd find a Lauterjung Tiger with a thumb notch and in good condition I guess that I might show some interest.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'm looking for a 6/8s, round point, thumb notch with great steel that's in excellent condition.

Dove Bismarck or one of the razors made from the same blank, Revisor, Aust, Boker...

Cheers, Steve

During a recent straight-razor passaround, I fell in love with a brand called Torrey ... I've been seeing them pop up sporadically on auction sites, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger any time soon.

When I do make the leap into SRAD, I'd like to assemble a 7-day set ... but they won't be identical. I want an assortment of brands and grinds and sizes and scales, so I can have a choice every time I shave, much like I do now with DE razors.

I'm looking for a 6/8s, round point, thumb notch with great steel that's in excellent condition.
The trick is finding one in the wild that is owned by someone who doesn't know what they have and just wants to make a profit! That's how I got my Klas Tornblom.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I have a MK-31 that did not impress me at all, so I'd like to try a larger 6/8 ish MK. That and a Tanifuji are on my short list.

Im looking for the one that got away.... its a frameback but not just your regular one....this one had the spine/tang/tail that matched the scales.

Looking for a Heljestrand 6/8 and then probably a big 8/8 or larger. Brand doesn't matter. That is all :) I am in no rush, as I have one razor to restore, 2 to restore and build scales for, 3 that are restored but need scales, and 10 GD 66's to modify and make scales for. Until I get through all of those, no more projects haha!

Top Bottom