What's new

Vintage Avon find

Thanks for the info, KJ. I've always loved trains, so I naturally wanted the set. The jury's out on Deep Woods, though! :blink:

Thanks for the info, KJ. I've always loved trains, so I naturally wanted the set. The jury's out on Deep Woods, though! :blink:

If you like trains, Avon made a few train shaped decanters also.

1876 Centennial Express
Cannonball Express 4-6-0
General 4-4-0
Atlantic 4-4-2

That's the cool thing about Avon. They made bottles that correspond to lots of different hobbies.

Funny you should mention that, KJ. I was just thinking about an Avon train decanter I had when I was a kid--a quick Google search indicates it may have been a General 440. I think it's still at my parents' house. I need to get it.

I also had the "Indian Head" nickel decanter, but I don't know what became of it. And I also recall a squat bottle that research shows to have been a "Captain's Choice" Spicy bottle. There was a lot of Avon stuff around our house when I was growing up in the 70s.

And although I'm not crazy about Deep Woods, I still love Wild Country.

Last edited:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151312787525

A grand total of 1 penny (+6 for shipping) for a full bottle of Avon AS in the super shaver bottle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121350529972

And 11 cents for the shaving brush bottle, empty, but with free shipping. Not sure the seller is going to go through with this one though.
Haha! I almost bid on the shaving brush bottle myself, but decided I would leave the deal to someone else. I'm glad it is (hopefully!) going to a B&B brother!

I have a feeling I might have a substantial contribution to this thread in the near future. My grandmother was an "Avon Lady" for YEARS, and has moved from the old farmstead into a seniors complex recently. I was at the old house this past weekend to help start cleaning it out, and litterally found three or four dressers/chests FULL of old Avon products. I'd ballpark most of them to be from the 80's-90's based on when she slowed/stopped selling.

Probably be back up there in a few weeks, and will hopefully be able to bring some of it home with me!

I have a feeling I might have a substantial contribution to this thread in the near future. My grandmother was an "Avon Lady" for YEARS, and has moved from the old farmstead into a seniors complex recently. I was at the old house this past weekend to help start cleaning it out, and litterally found three or four dressers/chests FULL of old Avon products. I'd ballpark most of them to be from the 80's-90's based on when she slowed/stopped selling.

Probably be back up there in a few weeks, and will hopefully be able to bring some of it home with me!

Jackpot!

That's the Iron Horse Shaving Mug set, made from '74-'76. It came in Deep Woods, Blend 7, or Leather aftershave.

I was lucky enough to acquire this set yesterday in the Bonus Round of the Round 6 Christmas Giveaway PIF. My set, which was generously PIF-ed to me by JBradley, included Blend 7. Love the scent.

Lane

$$_35.JPG

Ah Tia Winds , I got two full bottles of this off Amazon 2 years ago and it is my Christmas Eve and Anniversary only scent. Cause I want it to last a long time. They are in the factory boxes under the bed.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402094623.356068.jpg

The super shaver bottle came in today. NOS full of Spicy for $.01 ($6 shipping)! I also have the shaving brush bottle that the seller actually shipped to me for the low price of $.11 yes 11 pennies with free shipping!

Last edited:
$image.jpg

I won this on a certain online auction site today. I love nautical shaving gear (I have lots of OS decanters, including the lighthouse, admirals, and captain's flask), so this fits right in.

It's full of 4.5 oz of Avon Spicy! Can't wait to try it.

Top Bottom