What's new

Vintage Avon find

Finally scored the bottle I've been after for a very long time. This one is important to me personally. When I started shaving, my grandmother gave me a Sea Zone gift set that had a bottle of after shave, cologne, and a bar of soap. Ever since getting into the hobby, I have been wanting to get this bottle to replace the one I threw away long ago.
proxy.php

KJ- Sweet. I wish you would have told me as I left another estate sale last weekend and the lady was a heavy avon rep. How heavy? Let's try four bedrooms dedicated to avon. Easily dwarfed any avon finds I went to. She had tables set up in all the bedrooms and it was stacked. Her living room too.There was this nice racing vase/stein thatI wanted but they were asking $65. Looked elsewhere & saw it for $9. Talk about a major difference. Same steins mint in box.

My mother in law used to sell Avon. When Seazone was discontinued she got me at least 6 bottles.
I just found these three in a tupperware under a sink
I definitely want to keep the bottles, when done, and put something in them.

$sea2.jpg

Finally scored the bottle I've been after for a very long time. This one is important to me personally. When I started shaving, my grandmother gave me a Sea Zone gift set that had a bottle of after shave, cologne, and a bar of soap. Ever since getting into the hobby, I have been wanting to get this bottle to replace the one I threw away long ago.
proxy.php

i remember getting that as a present when i was younger. i havent seen that bottle in so long. i remember holding it in my hands, for some reason i still have that memory after all these years. i assume my nanny (grandma) gave it to me cuz she always gave me avon stuff for christmas

Not much of an update, but I cleaned up my Sea Zone bottle and refilled it to the top. I have the 1955 Thunderbird decanter with Sea Zone in it, so I was able to use that to top it off.
proxy.php

I recently thought I found the deal of the year for Avon. I found a local "Craig's list"-type listing for 30 bottles for $20. Too good to pass up. I took it home without checking them out fully. Got home and realized they were all empty! The only exception being a few had full talc bottles as part of the set. The silver lining here is the set contained 3 bottles that I really wanted and was going to get them on eBay and would have paid more than $20 for the 3 of them. Here are the 3 I wanted:
proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
Did B.A's van come with the lot? :biggrin1:

I recall my little brother having that toy. He also had a Mr T action figure. Piddy the foo.

That A-Team van, I've had since I was a kid. I figured since founding the ALPHA Team, I should bring it out and add it to my pictures.

Legion

Staff member
That A-Team van, I've had since I was a kid. I figured since founding the ALPHA Team, I should bring it out and add it to my pictures.

Absolutely. Although, being murdock, shouldn't you have a ...plane? I think he was the pilot? That's casting my memory back. I remember Face had the white Corvette.

Ha! Fair enough. He was a helicopter pilot in the military, but as part of the A-Team he could fly anything with rotors or wings.

Did B.A's van come with the lot? :biggrin1:

I recall my little brother having that toy. He also had a Mr T action figure. Piddy the foo.

I saw the van and thought, wow, that looks familiar. First I thought the scooby-doo van? but remembered that has flowers, pretty much opposite of what an A team would be. :biggrin1:

-jim

Very cool. Like the Jeep.

I recently thought I found the deal of the year for Avon. I found a local "Craig's list"-type listing for 30 bottles for $20. Too good to pass up. I took it home without checking them out fully. Got home and realized they were all empty! The only exception being a few had full talc bottles as part of the set. The silver lining here is the set contained 3 bottles that I really wanted and was going to get them on eBay and would have paid more than $20 for the 3 of them. Here are the 3 I wanted:
proxy.php

Top Bottom