What's new

Valobra Lavanda Thread

Well, mine arrived at the weekend and I used it this morning. It has the usual excellent performance from Valobra, but I never thought I'd say this but I hate the scent. I'm a huge fan of Italian soft soaps, adore the almond and menthol versions, even a fan of Lavender, but this one doesn't please me at all.

If you want To swap i would Be interested , I would like to try it.
I m in Belgium.

Perso I do have allergy for the Almond scent even if I like it :-(
i do have 1.5 kg of "La Saponeria Artigiana Sapone a Barba Vegetale alla Mandorla" a great soap and difficult to have delivered but not for my skin :-(
I can send you some,,,

If interested PM me pls...

Tam

Mine showed up today :biggrin1:. I had a heck of a time getting the lid off until I realized it was taped on. :blush:

It's cold from being outside, so I can't get the full scent, but what I smell right now I love. I'm glad it's not as floral as I was expecting. I'm going to let it get to room temperature today, then try it out tomorrow or Thursday.

brucered

System Generated
got a chance to use it this morning with my Semogue LE Boar 2. fantastic. the scent was not as strong lathered up and the shave was incredible. i did a face lathering, which i normally don't do, and it was thick, cream and slick.

i am very happy with my purchase.

I'm just brainstorming here, but... if Valobra will do a special order run for someone else... would they do one for B&B, if we got enough commitments/ preorders that is?

You know, get them to OK it, pick a flavor... Bay Rum, limes, rose, vetiver, sandalwood, whatever... do a poll. Get 200 or so pre-order commitments. Sounds good in theory.

I'd be up for something like that.

A couple things:

The scents on the limited Valobra soaps (fougere, balsalmo, and lavanda) were stock bath soap scents that they already have on hand. It's not just any old scent. To even start, you'd have to get everyone to agree on 1 scent first. Not easy on B&B, the land of YMMV. I doubt there is a huge demand for Valobra soft soap in general as these German special editions happened a few years apart. Most group buys on here consist of maybe 20-30 people, not 200. Also, the store that put them together (1001 Seife) sells a TON of Valobra products...perhaps that has something to do with them getting Valobra to do the special editions.

I'm just brainstorming here, but... if Valobra will do a special order run for someone else... would they do one for B&B, if we got enough commitments/ preorders that is?

You know, get them to OK it, pick a flavor... Bay Rum, limes, rose, vetiver, sandalwood, whatever... do a poll. Get 200 or so pre-order commitments. Sounds good in theory.

I'd be up for something like that.
.......................The way to go would be to cut the deal at 1001seife.de,and it would be cheaper to order a 2 or 3 kilo brick ,and divide and sell here...1001seife has been in "good" with valobra for quite some time,they would have a better chance..

Shave with mine this morning, no big surprises. Even though the container is small, my little Rooney 1/1 worked fine with creating lather on top of the soap. When lathered up, the scent mellows and again, smells A LOT like Atkinsons English Lavender cologne. Since I like the performance of "regular" Valobra soft soap, this is a very nice soap for me an interesting change of pace from the almond scent (which I love). There is no appreciable difference in performance between the two. Finished my shave with Atkinsons AS and cologne, btw.

If by some miracle there was another round of limited Valobra through B&B (not holding my breath), the fougere scent would be of great interest to me. Otherwise I will just wait for 1001 seife's next limited edition, whenever that may be.

IME, Valobra responds much better to building lather on the soap, then fine tuning by face lathering than any other method. I had very limited success with it when I tried it several times in a bowl. Now, I never bowl lather anymore with anything, though I might go back to it when I experiment with learning how to use a straight.

i did a face lathering, which i normally don't do, and it was thick, cream and slick.

In the process of trying to track some of this stuff down. Emailed the vender in Germany, fingers crossed.

If anyone has decided they don't care for theirs, I'll glad assist with disposal! :001_smile

brucered

System Generated
I had my first shave with this last night. I really enjoy the scent particularly in the lather. Using a half-wet super badger and plenty of loading time I face-lathered and was rewarded with gobs and gobs of luscious lather. Very nice!

This was only my second experience with an Italian soft-soap, having just tried P.160 the week prior. I found they have similar performance. I prefer the scent of the Valobra Lavanda, but I think after a couple more shaves with this, I'll dry it out and put it up, leaving the P.160 in rotation, for no other reason that it got here first.

My package arrived in a nice plastic tub.

Well, I'm pretty chuffed! I have two tubs working their way across the pond!

If I decide it's not the most amazing thing ever, I may put one up on the BST, but I am excited to be able to try them out.

Of those of you who have tried them, would you make any comparison to Speick? I read lavender on their description, but not sure I smell it. I hear "peppery" and "spice" when I read about this Valobra, and I'm hoping they share some characteristics. Am I off in left field on this one?

Hopefully someone can answer that. This is the first lavender product I've used. I can say, though, that it doesn't come across as a flowery scent, which is good.

It's similar to Speick AS in that when lathered it's a very light lavender with some citrus notes. Like I said, it shares more in common with Atkinson's English Lavender than anything else. It is not as spicy as Speick shave cream. Speick AS would pair very well with it.

Well, I'm pretty chuffed! I have two tubs working their way across the pond!

If I decide it's not the most amazing thing ever, I may put one up on the BST, but I am excited to be able to try them out.

Of those of you who have tried them, would you make any comparison to Speick? I read lavender on their description, but not sure I smell it. I hear "peppery" and "spice" when I read about this Valobra, and I'm hoping they share some characteristics. Am I off in left field on this one?

In the process of trying to track some of this stuff down. Emailed the vender in Germany, fingers crossed.

If anyone has decided they don't care for theirs, I'll glad assist with disposal! :001_smile

I am still waiting on an email from Erik, over a week later, I have given up. On the phone he seemed very arrogant that I only wanted a single item and not a package. I am going for Dr. Harris lavender instead from someone who wants my business.

I am still waiting on an email from Erik, over a week later, I have given up. On the phone he seemed very arrogant that I only wanted a single item and not a package. I am going for Dr. Harris lavender instead from someone who wants my business.

Personally, I believe you have done the right thing, both in principle and product

Is Erik a person from 1001 Seife? When I corresponded with Xenia from 1001 Seife by email I had no issues and received a response the same day.

Is Erik a person from 1001 Seife? When I corresponded with Xenia from 1001 Seife by email I had no issues and received a response the same day.

both are there..give them a little time,if no response in 4 days ,re-send your email..

Top Bottom