What's new

Using Both Hands to Shave?

Learning a new skill correctly isn't nearly as hard as unlearning a bad habit. Starting out with both hands was the most valuable piece of advice I got when I started. You will be amazed how quickly your non dominat hand picks it up.It's gonna feel so wierd for a little while but the effort will pay off big time.

I'm going to start out using both hands and see how it goes. Still waiting on my razors to come in. I kind of went through the motions with a little shavette without the blade, my wife use to be a hairdresser, and it seems okay. Like you say you mostly use your elbow so it seems as easy with the right as my left. Seems like the cheek is the hardest if you were only going to use one hand. The neck doesn't seem hard just using one hand, but I will probably try to do the whole right side with the right hand.
This is starting to get crazy, kind of like when I started with the DE razors. I have three straights coming, supposedly all shave ready. Figure I will keep two of them and sell the one I like the least.

Top Bottom