What's new

User Grade Gem Demaskeen $8

I bought this on a whim for $8 to see what I would get. I received it all cruddy, but i enjoy cleaning them. Boiled it for 10 minutes. Gave it a scrub with tilex... turns out OK. looks like it will be a usable razor. Overall happy.

Edit: Just finished my first shave with it. Overall very nice. Blade holds tight. Works very well with the GEM PTFE blade. two passes and got baby smooth shave

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Eight bucks for a working user grade Dam razor is good. I've noticed that those knurled handles often have rust spots and they're tough to clean up.

Wow, for $8 that's quite a bargain. And, it's one of the early models made while they were still known as Gem Cutlery so that puts it's production in 1919 or earlier. Very nice!

That's the beauty of this hobby.You don't need to spend up big to get one of the best razors ever made.:001_cool: Nice score.:biggrin1:

Great deal! These old GEMS were built like tanks! I've gotten a handful of them off the Bay, all reasonably price, and so far all but one has cleaned up and functioned great. One had a broken rivet, but I might send it to razoremporium and see what they can do. And turtle.....I've really been looking at a couple with a lot of plating loss and considering a little new skin for them. Probably nickel, but I don't know - rhodium would look pretty awesome wouldn't it?

Top Bottom