What's new

Upcoming Project: Parker SRB vs. 2013 Parker PTB (Suggestions Welcome)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I think I can hook the winner up with a custom title for this impromptu contest :)

What will be the rules and who will judge?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Sorry guys no prizes this time around. Keep an eye out for one in the near future tho!

I think I can hook the winner up with a custom title for this impromptu contest :)

What will be the rules and who will judge?

From what we have discussed so far, it seems that the general consensus is a panel of mods as judges. As for the rules, we can iron them out. But, here are my thoughts on them.

* No previous work may be submitted.
* Any shavette blade holder may be used.
* Judging will be based upon the scaling of the razor rather than on the modification of the blade (hopefully this will level the playing field for those who choose an inexpensive shavette over a Feather Artist Club).
* Participants must successfully shave with their creation before it can be submitted.
* Participants may submit as many entries as they would like within the timeframe of the contest.
* Anyone may join the competition at any time up until the day of the judging.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions. My intent is for this to be a fair and fun process (much like the GD competition was). Prizes are a bonus but not mandatory. However, the custom title is pretty good in the event that actual merchandise is unavailable.

hmmm..
Didn't post the pic quite like I wanted.
$_DSC2232.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Is this all OK Kentos? Lets do it!

Heck I might enter for that pen myself! Have at it!

How about we make a public poll for judging? The only problem is sometimes we don't get too many people chiming in. Up to you guys tho.

How about we make a public poll for judging? The only problem is sometimes we don't get too many people chiming in. Up to you guys tho.

I have seen them turn ugly other places and wish to keep the judges a group of chosen people. The mods sound like a good group to ask as long as they are not building too....

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Alright I'll coerce a few mods to help judge. They can be bribed with tacos and donuts so be forewarned.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Let me know when you guys are ready to roll and we can start a new thread with a more descriptive title.

Let me know when you guys are ready to roll and we can start a new thread with a more descriptive title.

We'll be ready to roll once the judges are lined up and we agree on the rules. I've posted my ideas. What do you guys think? Is there anything you'd like so see different? Anything you'd like to add?

Feel free to enter! I'm sure we can wrangle up a few other mods to judge.

I am good with what you have for the rules, the prize is nice and the tacos are on their way to the judges as we speak... :wink2:

Vbubya, Werndon? You guys good?

How long would you guys like to keep the competition open? We need to make sure we give people enough time to enter the competition, order their supplies, and complete the work. I'm thinking maybe two months? What do you guys think?

Top Bottom