What's new

Travel Brush suggestions & question?

R

rodeo

I'm beginning to assemble a travel shaving kit for myself and have already ordered another razor and stick soap. What I need is a travel brush. I travel often for my job for several days at a time and want to assemble a specific kit just for that. For travel, I'll likely wrap my hand around the stick soap and lather that way.

Questions:

1. Who makes a nice travel brush with a case for it?

2. Dont I need to worry about the brush getting moldy since most likely I'll need to pack it up damp?

3. Are there better choices in brush content for travel, i.e. Boar instead of badger? Or synthetic even?

My current home brush is an EJ BBB and I wouldn't mind getting future brushes that are firmer rather then softer, so I don't envision buying myself any Super or Silver Tips. I'd rather get something that I will "feel" more on my face and provide a more massaging / exfoliating feel to it. Actually, I was a bit surprised at the LACK of bristle feel with my EJ BBB. So, what do you guys recommend? What brush / bristle for more of a scrubbing feel and what recommendations in a travel brush w/ case? Thanks!

Are you going backpacking for several weeks, or travelling to the International Space Station?

If not, then you don't need a "travel brush", you just need a brush. The extra gram of weight isn't going to break you, and just by putting the label "travel" on it you're doubling the price of the brush. A regular brush in an old pill bottle, toilet paper roll or $6 travel tube from WCS will do you just fine as long as you don't leave it sealed up for days on end.

Now, if you want a fancy turnback because it's cool, that's a whole different story! :)

R

rodeo

Are you going backpacking for several weeks, or travelling to the International Space Station?

If not, then you don't need a "travel brush", you just need a brush. The extra gram of weight isn't going to break you, and just by putting the label "travel" on it you're doubling the price of the brush. A regular brush in an old pill bottle, toilet paper roll or $6 travel tube from WCS will do you just fine as long as you don't leave it sealed up for days on end.

Now, if you want a fancy turnback because it's cool, that's a whole different story! :)
Good suggestion, Thanks. I can get a smaller sized boar or something and a travel tube.

I traveled with a pill bottle and just got tried of the space it took up in my kit bag. Purchased a EJ travel brush about a year ago. It has a smaller profile and I have been quite happy with it's performance on the road. I did drill a couple of small holes in the base of the container for better air flow but again I have enjoyed having it along.

Tweezerman or Edwin Jagger in Best.
Both are great brushes and a great value (but not too expensive, so if they get lost or damaged it's no big deal)
Next, go to your local pharmacy and ask for a large size pill bottle.
Drill a hole in the top, and you're good to go!
No need to buy a specialized fancy travel brush.

R

rodeo

This one looks pretty neat!

http://www.royalshave.com/p/411-071/rs_travel_brush_1stbadger_1211.html

proxy.php

I enjoy the brushes I have and look forward to using them in the morning...I wouldn't deny myself the same pleasure when travelling. Just grab a pill box, or one of those muhle travel tubes and take your regular brush along. I tried a pill box for a while but have recently been using the Muhle tube, much nicer to look at and I can travel with a PJ2 or Chubby CH1 with no issues.

R

rodeo

I decided to order one of those Simpson Case brushes that comes with the tube. It seems lots of people like these Simpsons so I'll gladly try one as my travel brush. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Top Bottom