What's new

Tour de France

Van Aert stated that green isn't his goal this year. Todays stage should be interesting for him, right? Long ride and a long but moderately steep col just before the finish.

I like watching, but my wife is the real fan. We get each game on television and a very enjoyable talkshow at night called Vive Le Velo to analyze each passed and future stage. Always room for some local culture in the show as well, love it!

For anyone interested, there's a docu on Netflix called Tour de France au coeur du peleton where they folowed 2022 tour. Cool footage.

Vingegard's thrown two opportunities for Van Aert away. Yes or no?
Maybe? ;)

It's hard to say what kind of team orders he is under. Clearly, Vingegaard is playing the long game and conserving as much as he can for Week 3. On the other hand, UAE is firing on all cylinders and they have a super strong team. Sad to see Trentin crash and hope he is OK. If UAE can keep this pace up for all three weeks...Tadej will win.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
There I was, wasting my last 3 days in Ireland at my post in the couch peloton when I should have been out chasing brown trout or another round of free drinks somewhere. But today I'm back with Phil Liggett and Bob "The Dum bass" Roll on the Peacock coverage. Phil Liggett is a treasure. We're so fortunate to have him do the American broadcast.

EDIT: That's how you sneak one past the dirty word censor bot, you dum basses.

It was a great stage today. On the sprint/breakaway stages I tend to watch the first hour or so until the break goes away and then tune back in for the last hour or so. Today's break didn't go until the halfway point of the stage and it was an enthralling watch from flag to finish. Big climb tomorrow!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Thoroughly enjoying myself as a member of the couch peloton again this year. I play it back on the peacock machine each evening. Very excited for the mountain stages.

Yes, @Juanmosey I remember 89 vividly. A great Tour from start to finish. I watched the entire Tour in Ireland. Between my American Lemond and the Irishman Kelly in the green jersey it was just perfect.

What a stage today! It had been a pretty safe tour thus far with very few riders abandoning. That big crash in the first 10kms looked like a mini bomb went off. Another crash a bit later between Bardet and Shaw was really sad to see. A total of seven DNFs.

Jumbo sure took the bull by the horns and in the end after all the craziness that happened over the last two climbs, it's hard to believe the only change at the top was a one second gain by Vingegaard! Really a bummer to see two motorcycles impede Pogacar's attack!

Can't wait to see what the script writer's have in store for tomorrow's stage! Should be crazy going into the final rest day!

Well...the Netflix script writers went into overdrive again today!;) I found myself holding my breath in anticipation during the final km. When Pogacar let Adam Yates' wheel go and Vingegaard called his bluff by staying in his shadow...so much suspense. Pog just couldn't shake him and for Jonas to pull even with him at the finish was a bit of a flex.

They've punched and counter punched for 15 stages, bend don't break. I'm wondering if the TT on Tuesday will be the decider. If not, then Wednesday stage with the HC climb at the end going over 2300m in elevation will be something.

I was thinking that Pogacar would eventually break Vingegaard. But yesterday during the duel for the bonus seconds, Pog wasn't wearing his shades and his eyes looked so deep set...like the fatigue is getting to him. He wisely kept his shades on today. It's a coin flip!

Top Bottom