What's new

Tobacquisitions September 2016

It seems like I have been enabling myself. Here are a couple of GBD beauties I picked up for a song! Layla is looking on in approval!

$100_3510.jpg

Another pound of Best Brown Flake from my P&C backorders. Looks like the pound of 5100 shipped as well, and should be here Saturday. That leaves only about a dozen various tins still outstanding.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have received my first B&B member made tobacco. For those not following the Black Sails thread, I brought up that during my first run with pipes (late 80s/early 90s) I had read David Poyer's book The Circle. In that is a character called Captain Packer, and the book said he smoked a blend of 2/3 Latakia, 1/3 burley, and a touch of Cavendish. Price decided to make this in a plug, using Kraken spiced rum as a binder. It has arrived today, and I am stoked to smoke it. I will probably slice some off, then age the rest. It smells great, and I managed not to lick it.

Okay, I'm lying- I licked it :biggrin:

View attachment 687162View attachment 687163

I have received my first B&B member made tobacco. For those not following the Black Sails thread, I brought up that during my first run with pipes (late 80s/early 90s) I had read David Poyer's book The Circle. In that is a character called Captain Packer, and the book said he smoked a blend of 2/3 Latakia, 1/3 burley, and a touch of Cavendish. Price decided to make this in a plug, using Kraken spiced rum as a binder. It has arrived today, and I am stoked to smoke it. I will probably slice some off, then age the rest. It smells great, and I managed not to lick it.

:thumbup:

It does smell rather intoxicating.

That's too cool. I need to go catch up on that thread.. snd a dozen others!

I just realized that my "tobaccos to try" list is visible in the first picture

Excellent try list. Don't want to be an enabler, but you need to get on with this. LOL I don't have any SOE or Gaslight, but I have a truck load of Arango BS. PM your address and I will drop a couple of bowls on you. You must try it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Excellent try list. Don't want to be an enabler, but you need to get on with this. LOL I don't have any SOE or Gaslight, but I have a truck load of Arango BS. PM your address and I will drop a couple of bowls on you. You must try it.
What rational person could say no to that?

Sounds scrumdidleyumpcious

Just picked up some Orlik Golden Sliced, and I am really enjoying it. I get a few bright notes of citrus throughout the bowl, and the few bowls that I have had were smooth and cool.

Top Bottom