What's new

Tobacquisitions for November 2014

More like a re-aquasition since i haven't seen this lighter in 10 years and just found it this morning in a cigar box up in the back of my closet. Its an ST dupont Gatsby lighter. but I'm missing the refill port cover! anyone have any idea where I can find one?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416244315.950641.jpg

Last edited:
I found this Canadian (my first Canadian) listed as a "Peel Pipe" on Etsy and took a chance on it. I received it today and found it to actually be a Loewe & Company pipe and after a bit of research narrowed down the dating to pre 1955, come to find out these are highly prized from that era of London made pipes, other than some rim darkening and stem oxidation that I haven't had a chance TO attend to it appears to be in pretty good shape for it's age...
$P1110814.jpg

Last edited:
I found this Canadian (my first Canadian) listed as a "Peel Pipe" on Etsy and took a chance on it. I received it today and found it to actually be a Loewe & Company pipe and after a bit of research narrowed down the dating to pre 1955, come to find out these are highly prized from that era of London made pipes, other than some rim darkening and stem oxidation that I haven't had a chance attend to it appears to be in pretty good shape for it's age...
View attachment 520251

Nice score

I have been looking for an unsmoked african meer for quite some time now. And I finally came across one on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

I am the happiest man in Motoyoshi today.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416318868.991654.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416318881.506711.jpg

Grabbed a box of Padron 2000s off of Cigar Monster's Name Your Price section for $100 with free shipping. Just a heads up for anyone looking for a decent price on a box of Padrons.

Missouri Meerschaum Bag of Smokable Seconds

- 2 Straight Legends
- 3 Bent Legends
- 1 MacArthur 5-Star
- 1 Great Dane Spindle
- 1 Pony Express
- 1 Huck Finn

And there's another one that I can't quite figure out the shape of. It's rounded at the top and then the bowl gets narrower as it goes down.

Edit: I think that it might be a Rob Roy.

Last edited:
Missouri Meerschaum Bag of Smokable Seconds

- 2 Straight Legends
- 3 Bent Legends
- 1 MacArthur 5-Star
- 1 Great Dane Spindle
- 1 Pony Express
- 1 Huck Finn

And there's another one that I can't quite figure out the shape of. It's rounded at the top and then the bowl gets narrower as it goes down.

You really can't have too many cobbs :thumbup1:

BTW where r the pics? :001_smile

You really can't have too many cobbs [emoji106]1:

BTW where r the pics? :001_smile
I'll take a picture of them when I'm feeling less lazy. :lol:

Part of the reason that I got a grab bag is just in case my brother in law wants to try smoking a pipe either on Thanksgiving or next summer.

They're also small enough for winter smoke sessions without freezing my tail off.

Last edited:
I'll take a picture of them when I'm feeling less lazy. :lol:

I want to have a lazy day! For some reason all I want to do today is lay in the backyard and smoke my pipe or cigar, drink coffee in the morning, rootbeer in the afternoon, and some whiskey in the evening, while reading a book.

I want to have a lazy day! For some reason all I want to do today is lay in the backyard and smoke my pipe or cigar, drink coffee in the morning, rootbeer in the afternoon, and some whiskey in the evening, while reading a book.
I just want to sleep. I'm exhausted and this cold weather ain't helping my sunny disposition.

Top Bottom