What's new

Timeless lather bowl in GRAY!

Timeless has their famous lather bowl also in gray now. Nice.

1590777301770.jpeg

I have the blue and think it's a good bowl. The lather has a tendency to ride up the sides. I ultimately prefer to build lather in my Doug Smith Pottery shave mug, and I use the Timeless bowl for soaking/rinsing the brush. In addition, the Timeless bowl would work nicely for travel.

M

member 119848

Why on earth would they put a cheap plastic piece of junk like this in their dens?
It is unbreakable, durable, affordable, and ergonomic. Quite perfect for some.
Surely not the prettiest bowl, but works great.
I pifed mine because I´m a face-latherer.

IMO in white it would have been prettier.

Reactions: abj
After being a member of this site for .......I dont know.........4 months?
I see many members here with very nice razors. Some of the straight razors are works of Art.
They have shave dens with different exotic soaps and fragrances. Take pride in the prestigious pieces they have collected over the years.
Why on earth would they put a cheap plastic piece of junk like this in their dens?
Yes I probably sound like a snob. I'm really not a snob but I just don't understand why one would spend a couple hundred dollars or more for a nice razor and then follow it up with a cheap piece of garbage like this whose true worth is about 25 cents. Bottom line, it's ugly. I would beat somebody with a stick if they tried to sneak that into my shave den.
There are some very nice bowls out there that can be had for very little money that add beauty and interest to your shave dens,,,,,,,,,this bowl is not one of them.
I fill mine with hot water and dip the brush in it while I face lather, when I’m done shaving the ridges help to rinse the brush and when rinsing the brush. Also great for cleaning brushes too. My GF took my blue one to clean her makeup brushes so I bought a grey one. It has its purposes.

As a lather bowl I don’t love it.

It is unbreakable, durable, affordable, and ergonomic. Quite perfect for some.
Surely not the prettiest bowl, but works great.
I pifed mine because I´m a face-latherer.

IMO in white it would have been prettier.
White isn't ideal for judging lather as it is being built because it offers too little contrast.

Reactions: abj

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Tupperware bowl may work, but has a flimsy feel. While the thick walls and the fat ridges of the Timeless makes it very rugged. There is some cool factor in it. Think of it as the G-Shock of bowls!

For this alone I ordered one! It came yesterday.

I already had a unique lather bowl, my "left-handed UFO salvage bowl." Below:

full

But. Variety is the spice of life. You wouldn't shave with one soap would you? (j/k, some do).

full

As noted, it's not art. It may even look like a pipe cover of some sort. However, this thing builds lather like a demon and opened my eyes that my flattish UFO bowl (or ANY bowl) could benefit from higher sides.

full

Feels just great in-hand. It's an odd plastic for sure. Both hard and soft. Soft to touch, hard inside? Like tempered steel, perhaps.

full

There's your cool factor and now it matches the (ahem) Timeless Ti razor setup.

And if LOTH complains ...

full

"Bowl? What bowl? That's a razor STAND. Totally different."

AA

For this alone I ordered one! It came yesterday.

I already had a unique lather bowl, my "left-handed UFO salvage bowl." Below:

full

But. Variety is the spice of life. You wouldn't shave with one soap would you? (j/k, some do).

full

As noted, it's not art. It may even look like a pipe cover of some sort. However, this thing builds lather like a demon and opened my eyes that my flattish UFO bowl (or ANY bowl) could benefit from higher sides.

full

Feels just great in-hand. It's an odd plastic for sure. Both hard and soft. Soft to touch, hard inside? Like tempered steel, perhaps.

full

There's your cool factor and now it matches the (ahem) Timeless Ti razor setup.

And if LOTH complains ...

full

"Bowl? What bowl? That's a razor STAND. Totally different."

AA
AA,

Looks great! The gray is very nice. I like!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
AA,

Looks great! The gray is very nice. I like!

Well. You gave me the idea!

At $12, I've paid more for a hamburger, literally.

And since the kids wanted to give me a Father's Day something ... no, not this! They're not getting off that cheap! :devil:

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Darn right!

By the way, I ordered the gray bowl too but have been traveling so haven't been home to receive it yet. I'm traveling with the blue bowl. :)

I do see why you like it; the ergonomics are great. This color works, our bath colors are gray/dark gray/maroon.

Can't wait to put a poor-performing (but great-smelling) soap in here and beat it mercilessly! I can generally get lather out of a rock. This will help.

And it's Timeless, which is cool. :punk: To me.

AA

Reactions: ike
and then follow it up with a cheap piece of garbage like this

Please Sir ..... we try to maintain a sense of decency and civility on these forums, and we try not to show
any disrespect to any manufacturer who adds to the wonder and happiness of our hobby. The Timeless
brand is very much respected by our B&B members, and I think it is inappropriate for you to label their
product as "a cheap plastic piece of junk" and a "cheap piece of garbage." If you don't like it .... that's fine,
and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But with all the hatred and anxiety plaguing our world today,
we all try to find peace and comfort here on Badger & Blade. Please think twice before spewing any more
vitriol and animosity here on our forums.
I wish you and your loved ones good health and happiness as we navigate these crazy times !

Top Bottom