What's new

This week's budget shaves

Good morning all.

Due to some very early shift patterns at work I haven't really had a chance to use the Sledgehammer/Interceptor razors. Instead I've been using everyday supermarket razors and ordinary shaving cream. Rather than do the reviews individually I'd collaborate them here (from this week).

Razors:

Gillette Blue 2 twin-blade disposable. A perfectly capable disposable razor which is ideal for travelling. A reasonable shave and is available without a lube-strip. 7/10

Wilkinson Sword X-treme3 triple blade razor. A great razor that has blades that bend according to the curves on your face. This does make for a comfortable shave. Can cause missed hairs as the blades don't always return to their straight position after bending. The lube strip is next to useless. 5/10

Bic Metal single blade razor. A superb razor that gives a fantastic shave and the metal guard bar really makes the shave comfortable. Consider it as a disposable safety razor. The slim head makes it easy to manoeuvre round the face. 10/10

Creams:

King Of Shaves gel. A perfectly good gel that doesn't try to be too pretentious. Provides a reasonable level of slickness and comfort and is adequate for everyday shaves. 7/10

Gillette Fusion Proglide gel. More like 'lube strip in a can' Slimy and gooey and a smell that is more suited to blue toilet flushers. Its saving grace is that its cheap. 2/10

My normal reviews will return shortly

Jason.

I run through my travel setup from time to time. Especially when only doing carry on luggage for flights. I find the BIC sensitive and the Schick Xtreme2 work well for me. I have some BIC metals to try as well for this purpose.

I run through my travel setup from time to time. Especially when only doing carry on luggage for flights. I find the BIC sensitive and the Schick Xtreme2 work well for me. I have some BIC metals to try as well for this purpose.
My wife described the Bic Metals as 'Disposable Sledgehammers' as she was very impressed with the quality of the shave the Bic Metals can give.

Jason

My wife described the Bic Metals as 'Disposable Sledgehammers' as she was very impressed with the quality of the shave the Bic Metals can give.

Jason
I imagine them being quite similar to the regular BIC sensitive but with a metal bar instead of plastic. Should feel better but not as much give in the bar

Top Bottom