What's new

This silicone good to use?

Looking to do my first knot and handle set tomorrow. Wondering whether this silicone will be sufficient for the task?

tempImage9jj140.png

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
When reading up on brush restoration I kept coming across two part epoxy. That’s what I have used with good results, knot isn’t going anywhere.

Thank you fellas. I have the silicone in the photo above as well as 2 part epoxy. Just read a few posts where the epoxy with never allow you to change out the knot, ever!

Show us the result Supawabb :)

To stay on the topic, I noticed how clear silicone works better than white silicone.

Thank you fellas. I have the silicone in the photo above as well as 2 part epoxy. Just read a few posts where the epoxy with never allow you to change out the knot, ever!
Why would you ever want to change it out? To test the loft, use some 3m double sided tape and use the brush a couple times.

Stick with 2 part epoxy. There is a reason brush makers don't use silicone. It's meant for doors, windows and shower seams where some flexibility is needed. It has no place in shave brush knot setting

Top Bottom