What's new

This Just In!

Well fellas, here it Is! My H2 birth quarter Red-Tip in original mirror nickel fresh from Chris at Back Roads Gold and all I can say is WOW. It is beautiful beyond my expectations. I can't wait to use it tonight as I'm rocking a 5 or 6 day growth, I lost track. At any rate, trial by fire...

20210701_183356.jpg20210701_183325.jpg20210701_183247.jpg20210701_183214.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I am not aware of any Red Tips made in 1962. I've only seen a couple of F codes (1960) in all my years of collecting.

A rare bird, indeed. Nice plating job.

And as a follow up, it mowed through 5 or 6 day growth like a hot knife through butter. Touted as the most aggressive of the flare-tips, I didn't quite know what to expect but not uncomfortably aggressive at all. I loaded an Astra SP that I'd only used once, Stirling Sharp Dressed Man as usual and went to town. It did a better job on my jaw line than any of my other razors either old or new.

Is it possibly just a flare tip that has had the 'tip' painted red?
The 'normal' flare tip would be OK with an 'H' serial, but an 'H' serial Red Tip seems to go against Gillette serial numbers.
Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble...just an inquiring mind at work, as I too would like a nice Red Tip one day.

Is it possibly just a flare tip that has had the 'tip' painted red?
The 'normal' flare tip would be OK with an 'H' serial, but an 'H' serial Red Tip seems to go against Gillette serial numbers.
Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble...just an inquiring mind at work, as I too would like a nice Red Tip one day.

It’s a typo. They clarified above:

You are correct sir! Speedy fingers and lack of proofreading strike again. It is in fact an E2...

Top Bottom