What's new

Thinking about shaving off my gottee...

Between the ages of 18 and 24 I had what I would call a light beard constantly. I didn't touch a razor to my face anywhere (my facial hair has a pretty acceptable line so I didn't even trim) for over 6 years, with the exception of one day, keeping it trimmed every few days with my trimmer on a low-ish setting. The one time I shaved I felt I looked weird and just everything looked off afterward. This time I shaved, felt I looked weird, gave it a week, and have never looked back. I was sick for a couple days and couldn't shave, and when I had a light beard coming back in I couldn't stand the look of it and couldn't wait to get my straight out. It's funny how you get used to your face looking a certain way and a change can be really jarring to the system. Anyway, I say, if you feel like shaving it, why not? If you're one of those people who looks better with a goatee, you can grow it back in a couple days at any given point, so whatever. I'm pretty sure you're brave enough to give it a go:tongue_sm

Oh, and if you love wetshaving and love getting that perfect BBS shave, the feeling only gets better when you're making your entire face hairless...

Edit: Oh yah, and you can just shave without reduction no problem.

Last edited:
If i shave it should i just attack it with an open comb gillette new? or should i trim it down even shorter then shave it?
Has anybody else here gone form having hair to clean shaven, and liked it? If so how long did it take you to get used to it?

There is no need to shorten you beard first, you will be surprised at the efficiency of that New. I shaved my moustache off with my New about two weeks ago. It did an amazing job.

As a goatee wearer, I say, "If you like, it keep it." Who cares if it's in style or not.

Good advice!

Ah, but you didn't start a thread asking our input on your goatee, now did you? :wink:

Hey, take it easy on the RichGem, He a sensitive guy.:redface:

Top Bottom