What's new

Thinking about getting a Hart

The hart and PRC up top are both their 6/8 offerings. The PRC below is 8/8

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1421929180643.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1421929180643.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 162
I am happy with my Puma but these pics of Hart or PRC razors makes me want one. After I get a little farther into my technique and all I might have to look at one of these to pic up.

You won't go wrong getting a Hart Steel razor! I only have one but it is a great shaver and I also added custom scales.

$20150112_211730.jpg

I just ordered a pic. it should be here in 8 weeks. I'm rather fond to the idea that something is crafted and built just for me.

1. Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
  2. All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or “mystery metal”.
  3. All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
  4. All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
  5. All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
  6. All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 – 63 HRC.
  7. All blades are finish honed on a vintage Escher hone and hand stropped. Every blade is “shave ready” right out of the box.

This was on the Hart web site. This impressed me. I am sure another company's do similar things, but I have only heard positive things about their straight razors, and I would like to support an American company who makes quality products as well.

Top Bottom