What's new

They Are Out There!

It could have been used, didnt Dools state it had a blade in it, they dont ship these out with blades in them do they. Maybe that Doctor just used it a few times and stashed it away. Definitely a looker though, good job in rescuing that one.

Even though it does have a blade loaded in it, the blade looks unused.

I could be wrong, but I think I see R1 ... that would be 1946 - original blades that came with the set most likely.

I'm not saying it unused, proving that is nearly impossible. But it sure looks beautiful.

Big Sigh! Glad you got it!! :thumbup:

That blade, that was in the razor looked unused to me, but, the whole razor looked almost unreal.....:laugh: So, I don't know.

Enjoy!!

Nine wrapped 1946 blades with one more in the chamber. Yeah this one has seen little if any action. The seller may have even loaded the blade to "give it character"
That's what I was thinking, it was loaded recently and surely it's not used. A 70 yo used blade would never look like that, even the edges look clean, no corrosion whatsoever.

I just thought it was R1 but I can see the 4 now.

Could have used it and decided he liked his current razor more.
Yeah thats what I thought too. Theres no way you can claim its never been used, same goes for that he actually shaved with either though. I just think if he wrote his name on the inside then he wanted everyone to know its his and that its his property, that made me think at some time he had been using it. Took darn good care of it though thats for sure.

Thanks again Dave!

You are So welcome, Rob.....Very Glad someone, here, Got it!

Another thing about the wrappers. This has nothing to do with the actual date, but, I have handled the blue blades, in their papers, before, and, Rob's blade wrappers are "softer", imo of course, but, the paper doesn't feel aged like other wrappers I've handled. Like I said, pretty unreal how well it is preserved.

Glad to see you got it. Now load a fresh one in, and shave with it. With an original blade. See what it was suppose to shave like , over 60 years ago.

jankdc, I got this local to me thanks to a tip from Dave (Dools). DaltonGang, that's the plan, but I will need to wait until my current set up needs to be changed. I'm currently using a 57 Tech with a vintage Red Personna.

I will try and use the blade that's already loaded up. I looked at it with a jewelers loop, and it looks new, or nearly new.

Rasputin, these are carbon steel blades. Some like'em, some don't. I like them. The feel on the skin is different than stainless blades - I can understand how some folks don't like the feel. To me it doesn't feel harsh, just different. I dry and towel strop blades after use, and have one of these with 6 shaves on it now, and plan on continuing.

Top Bottom