What's new

The Yellow-Feather/Black-Feather Controversy SOLVED.

View attachment 677075
All Feather DE Razor Blades, whether packaged with Yellow or Black labels, ARE THE SAME.*
View attachment 677076 View attachment 677077 View attachment 677078

* Due to a little controversy on the "What are these blades?" thread, and Im sure lots of other places, I emailed Feather:

Email Query to Feather (Thu 28/07/2016 14:50):
Dear Feather Company,

Are your Hi-Stainless and New Hi-Stainless razor blades the same?

I thought they were the same, and that the only difference was that 10 packs had yellow labels and 5 packs had black labels. But now I see that there are 5 packs in yellow. Both yellow 5 packs and 10 packs say NEW Hi-STAINLESS, and the black 5 packs say Hi-Stainless.

There is a lot of controversy about this subject on internet shaving forums.

If they are all the same blade, that makes life easy. But if they are different, would you tell me what the difference is please?

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Cal xxxx
West Bromwich
United Kingdom

Reply from Feather (Fri 29/07/2016 03:08):
Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

As you mentioned, the difference between Hi-Stainless and New Hi-Stainless is just package design, 10 blades with yellow label and 5 blades with black label.

And, actually we have also 5 blades with yellow label (with same blades) but this is a special version and we are selling this version for only Thailand and Australian market with very long historic background.

We are sorry for making many users confused.

Thank you and best regards,

FEATHER SAFETY RAZOR CO., LTD.
K. Sakaide, Overseas Trade Division

SUMMARY:
(Considering the UK/Japan time difference) I was, and still am, impressed by Feathers prompt and courteous reply.
Great products from great people IMO. :thumbup1:

Great post! Required reading for Feather fans! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom