What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

I've started to use it a but more lately, especially when it's windy outside and the blowtorch keeps getting extinguished. I don't have an electric starter or option on my grill.

It is actually lots of fun and works to get the lump super hot.

I usually make enough for leftover lunch the next day and crisp them up in the work toaster oven.

You need one! For $10-15, they are a good investment.

Here are my S&P wings tossed in sesame oil, garlic and chives that I heated up near the end of the cook. A side of Greek Salad and garlic bread to keep the kids happy. I threw some Cherry wood on to give them a bit of smokey flavor.

Wings look perfect, Bruce. Cherrywood is probably my favourite wood to use for flavour. It works fantastic with lamb and beef. I'll have to try it with chicken some time. That Greek salad was a solid choice. I made slaw today, but looking at your greek salad made me plan differently for next time.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey!! Been hanging out with the straight razor guys. Too damn hot here to BBQ. in the 90's around 2100. Will start doing briskest overnight.
Bought the sammich and slaw. Pretty darn good stuff.

93 here today...piece of cake. I'll take that all summer. I'm ramping up for a brisket too. It's on my bucket list.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
93 here today...piece of cake. I'll take that all summer. I'm ramping up for a brisket too. It's on my bucket list.
Look at the heat index at 2124 local.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 72
Smoked a king salmon using a brown sugar/ salt brine. After a few hours of alder smoke I glazed with honey and added pepper

Attachments

• $DSC_0003.jpg
    $DSC_0003.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
How'd you get those fries to turn out so well? They look like chip wagon quality

I cut them by hand and made sure they were dry when I put them in. Cooked in the deep fryer until done at 375 degrees. Make sure to give them a few shakes so they don't stick together.

I cut them by hand and made sure they were dry when I put them in. Cooked in the deep fryer until done at 375 degrees. Make sure to give them a few shakes so they don't stick together.
Oh, I though those were off The Keg. I do home fries but not deep fried.

They look delicious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom