What's new

The Simpsons Polo 10 in two band super..

How is the loft in the T4?

Simpson Tulip 4 Super
Total Height: 113mm
Handle Height: 55mm
Bristle Loft: 58mm
Knot Diameter: 25mm
Base Diameter: 45mm
Grip Ring: 34mm

Keep in mind, it's a four-year-old Somerset Simpson. I know Vulfix is doing their best to keep the brushes the same, but I wonder if they're also taking into account things like knot density, etc., which used to vary from model to model. I find the knot in my Tulip isn't as dense as the knots in either the Chubbys or the Polos. As such, it doesn't pack as much punch as, say, my CH2, which is my near-daily brush. The Tulip sure is a gem to look at, though.

Paco, here are the measurements for a T3 three-band Super (Somerset) I had before I traded it. (Sorry, no pictures.) If you're trying to decide between a T3 and a T4, hopefully their respective measurements will prove helpful. BTW, how do you like your Simfix T2? I have to say, when I heard Vulfix was taking over Simpson, I was worried, but based on the pictures of Peter's brushes - especially that CH2 - the brand seems to be in fine shape.

Simpson Tulip 3 Super
Total Height: 105mm
Handle Height: 51mm
Bristle Loft: 54mm
Knot Diameter: 23.5mm
Base Diameter: 40mm
Grip Ring: 30mm

Last edited:
I had the same thought, would love to see that many brushes together. If no pics, can you tell me how do you store/display them? Must take a large shelf. Or two. :biggrin:

I had the same thought, would love to see that many brushes together. If no pics, can you tell me how do you store/display them? Must take a large shelf. Or two. :biggrin:

In a wallrack in my bathroom and in a cabinet in my study...;two pictures...they are from 2007 and 2008 and since then i acquired a few brushes more...:wink:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Dr p, I showed the photo to my wife just to point out that my AD was not too bad and she looked at it and said that it was like hving too many cats. and I responded: badgers, dear, not cats :biggrin:

Not as impressive ad the good dr, but here's my humble little collection. Pic is from a few weeks ago, I've added 5 or so brushes since.

Mike, very nice, and the shelving is first rate.

Peter, words fail me, except to say that your current pics (which aren't even current) make your pics from '05 and '06 seem positively normal...and that's saying something.

Mike,
That is a very nice cete of badgers. I would be shaving the whole day if I had just a portion of your collection

Paco, here are the measurements for a T3 three-band Super (Somerset) I had before I traded it. (Sorry, no pictures.) If you're trying to decide between a T3 and a T4, hopefully their respective measurements will prove helpful. BTW, how do you like your Simfix T2? I have to say, when I heard Vulfix was taking over Simpson, I was worried, but based on the pictures of Peter's brushes - especially that CH2 - the brand seems to be in fine shape.

Simpson Tulip 3 Super
Total Height: 105mm
Handle Height: 51mm
Bristle Loft: 54mm
Knot Diameter: 23.5mm
Base Diameter: 40mm
Grip Ring: 30mm

Horatio
I like the 2 band Simfix T2 very much, I also have T3 in Super which I also like and I thinking on acquiring a T3 in 2 bands. There is sometihng about the Tulips that I find irresistible and part of it is the ease of holding while in use.
Thanks for the measurements

Horatio
I like the 2 band Simfix T2 very much, I also have T3 in Super which I also like and I thinking on acquiring a T3 in 2 bands. There is sometihng about the Tulips that I find irresistible and part of it is the ease of holding while in use.
Thanks for the measurements

Ah, so you already know the size of the T3. I personally like the T4 better, but I tend to like stout brushes. I would distinguish stoutness from size. My ideal brush is a CH2 two-band, with its thick, ultra-dense knot, but I find the CH3 to be too much of a good thing. I guess the T4 brings me closer to that ideal than the T3 does, as I found the T3 had a little too much loft for the knot diameter, giving it the tendency to be a bit floppy. But that's just my take, and you can see where my bias lies. The Tulips are gorgeous, and their handles - especially that of the T3 - are quite comfortable to hold. If you like their performance as well, you get the best of all worlds. Anyway, happy hunting, and let me know what you end up getting and how you like it.

Top Bottom