What's new

The Secret to a BBS neck!!!

Of course I consciously try it this morning and nick myself like crazy. Echh. But it's still better than stretching the skin out...that'd be a massacre.

:w00t: Thank you for that. Whilst I had thought not to stretch my skin I was always too nervous of the consequences.

I didn't exactly squish my neck I just didn't stretch it. I tired not to move it from it's natural position.

The result, a perfect BBS shave through two WTG passes. No irritation, no cuts or nicks. :biggrin:

Now as I head off to the shower lets hope it wasn't a one off.

Tried what I shall think of as the "bullfrog" method (or if you're English, the "Gordon Brown chin-drop") this mornning and it did seem to help, presumably by making everything convex instead of concave. Thanks!

Wish someone would "chin" :a11: him but I suppose thats a topic for an English barbershop !

Lance

Nice-- will try-- thanks!

I am a little worried about catching skin in the process-- one of the reasons we stretch the skin tight is to prevent it from getting caught and nicked by the razor. May I ask what your prep is?

Nice-- will try-- thanks!

I am a little worried about catching skin in the process-- one of the reasons we stretch the skin tight is to prevent it from getting caught and nicked by the razor. May I ask what your prep is?

My prep is no different than the rest of my face... or everyone else.

I guess what I mean is that I don't do anything special to prep for doing it this way.

I shave after I shower, whip up some nancy boy, and shave.

Kevin, I also was stretching the skin there on my neck and getting worse irritation, so I left out the stretching and dropped my chin slightly. Worked great! Better in even the worst areas on my neck than I have gotten in some time now. Thanks!

I'll be trying this on Thanksgiving Morning. It has always been a problem area for me as well but I've always stretched the skin. Never thought of trying the inverse.

Top Bottom