What's new

The Scottish Razor Co.

I would ask where he gets his steel and what's the composition, 1095, 01,02, tool steel etc. What procedure does he use to heat treat his blades. I'm sure more knowledgable S.R. aficionados will join in with more and better questions.

I know he's pretty hot with the Facebook guys right now and backed up around 3 months. His blades are sent out to be tempered if I remember correctly. Nice looking blades that are all fully custom, but that is all I know.

I would ask where he gets his steel and what's the composition, 1095, 01,02, tool steel etc. What procedure does he use to heat treat his blades. I'm sure more knowledgable S.R. aficionados will join in with more and better questions.

He uses O1 for his blades and targets 60-62 HRC. He's got a post on Youtube detailing some of his process. He posts actively on the wetshaving subreddits.

Here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone offer up more info and shave/hone experience? I have an opportunity to purchase one and would like to be a bit better educated before pulling trigger.

I wanted to order a straight from him but the homepage appeared with no links. Now it has disappeard altogeher What happened to the website? Merry Christmas-Bladerunner

I wanted to order a straight from him but the homepage appeared with no links. Now it has disappeard altogeher What happened to the website? Merry Christmas-Bladerunner

It appears that the company has folded in the last two months, based on a post the owner made on Reddit and some comments on the company Facebook page. Weird that they'd just shut the site off rather than having an announcement.

To bad as they did appear to be a nice blade....i almost purchased one but was just short of cash when it was offered. I truly hate it when a hand crafted retailer goes down as it makes the selection that much smaller that it already is....

I don't know him and I've never seen one of his razors... but I can say making a run at being a full time or even part time razor maker is not a easy task.
I wish him the best of luck with whatever he chooses to do it.

Top Bottom