What's new

The outdoor smoking "season" is drawing to a close

when I was a smoker I actually enjoyed smoking outside in the winter. Bundle up, go for a walk, enjoy the crisp. -13 is a whole other story. Ouch.

Truth be told, I rather enjoy having a smoke outside when the weather is like this, especially when there's snow on the ground. Nothing better than sitting out on the porch with a nice stick, picking off rabbits with the BB gun. Another tradition is having a stroll around the neighborhood after Thanksgiving dinner, everyone with their chosen pipe or cigar. Helps open up a little space for pie. :thumbup:

I feel for you banished guys; the cold front hit today, got to about 31 this morning and only to about 40 for the high...with about 20 mph wind. Supposed to be 27 tonight. Since I'm used to 105-110 in the summer this is cold to me.

If you don't have a garage, porch you can enclose for the winter, etc. something like this with a propane heater, or pot bellied stove, and an extension cord/electric line run to it for the TV, mini fridge, lights (or use kerosene lanterns) and stuff might work. If you have the space.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ultimate man cave.

And don't forget the liquer cabinet.

I'm getting ready to sit down in my La-z-boy recliner, in front of the Rinnai heater, and watch my flat screen TV in the living room while I smoke a bowl of Irish Oak.

Dang that wind sounds like it is blowing now. :001_tongu

Good looking set ups!

I feel for you banished guys; the cold front hit today, got to about 31 this morning and only to about 40 for the high...with about 20 mph wind. Supposed to be 27 tonight. Since I'm used to 105-110 in the summer this is cold to me.

If you don't have a garage, porch you can enclose for the winter, etc. something like this with a propane heater, or pot bellied stove, and an extension cord/electric line run to it for the TV, mini fridge, lights (or use kerosene lanterns) and stuff might work. If you have the space.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ultimate man cave.

And don't forget the liquer cabinet.

I'm getting ready to sit down in my La-z-boy recliner, in front of the Rinnai heater, and watch my flat screen TV in the living room while I smoke a bowl of Irish Oak.

Dang that wind sounds like it is blowing now. :001_tongu

Now THAT is a setup I want!

What planet are you guys on? It was nearly 40c today and about 90% humidity. We're sleeping naked under the fan and any more than 10 minutes in the sun and it's 3rd degree burns. The koalas are fainting, falling out of trees and the kangaroos are risking swimming with the crocodiles just to get a swim to escape the heat. So yeah, based on that, it's outdoor smoking season here. :)

Last edited:
What planet are you guys on? It was nearly 40c today and about 90% humidity. We're sleeping naked under the fan and any more than 10 minutes in the sun and it's 3rd degree burns. The koalas are fainting, falling out of trees and the kangaroos are risking swimming with the crocodiles just to get a swim to escape the heat. So yeah, based on that, it's outdoor smoking season here. :)

Sounds like your an aussie, been to brisbane and the gold coast noticed the weather is diff than the US.

Sounds like perfect weather for indoor smoking with the A/C

I stopped reading here and thought, "And they call me master of bun bun?!?" :001_rolle

It's the humidity. So so hot. Got over 40c this week. Clothes aren't even an option at the moment at night.

To keep this on topic (& bun bun to the side ;-) ) I've been enjoying Solani silver flake like a madman each afternoon after the temp comes down a bit with some with ice cold home brews.

My sympathies for your troubles.....

After work (in the pitch darkness); I will be buying some fresh gasoline and then test firing the snowblower, as a Nor'Easter is in the forecast. Supposed to only be 1 - 3 inches of snow locally, with up to a foot a couple of miles inland - so it is prudent to have my equipment at the ready should that heavy side slide over this way

Not a situation conducive to relaxing out of doors with a nice pipe or cigar

My sympathies for your troubles.....

After work (in the pitch darkness); I will be buying some fresh gasoline and then test firing the snowblower, as a Nor'Easter is in the forecast. Supposed to only be 1 - 3 inches of snow locally, with up to a foot a couple of miles inland - so it is prudent to have my equipment at the ready should that heavy side slide over this way

Not a situation conducive to relaxing out of doors with a nice pipe or cigar

You could always enjoy a pipe after all the snow blowin:)

It was 55° today, so I enjoyed an Undercrown outside. Right now it's Chenet's Cake indoors with the kitchen exhaust fan on full, before my wife gets home...

It is the 26th of March and the outdoor season still hasnt opened, nor does it look like it will be anytime soon. There is still over 3 ft of snow on the patio (the hard packed end-of-season icy kind) and the temps have struggled to stay in the upper 40s F.

The below avg days have been paired with nights are well below freezing, so every morning is another black ice skating experience. The few days that are relatively "warm" are that way because of rain, which is the kiss of death to an outdoor smoker.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it

Top Bottom