What's new

The NACET

$IMG_0007.jpgAlways had nice shaves with the Nacet Platinum made in Russia,never tried the old Czech version,and I have heard the PRC is cranking them out now.I recently got 100 Russian Nacet Stainless blades from Jordan,my premier shave with them was this morning.Looking at the blade,the lettering is razor sharp,a good sign.The packaging of the blade is quite different,an unmarked generic white paper wrapper,in a box very similar to the Platinum version.The card the 20 boxes come attached to have English and Arabic writing,and Gillette logo and website are printed on the card,although when going to the site ,it lists only landfill junk,no DE blades or creams at all.The blade itself has 2 massive globs of wax ,enough to where it seeps through to the other side,and I had to scrape off the wax on both sides,no big deal,just an observation.So,the shave itself....utilizing a fat handle gold Tech,old formula Lea stick and an Omega black badger,I received an excellent shave.The blade felt smooth and sharp,no complaints at all,for $17 postpaid a nice deal...

Attachments

• $IMG_0003.jpg
    $IMG_0003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 345
  • $IMG_0004.jpg
    $IMG_0004.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 345
  • $IMG_0005.jpg
    $IMG_0005.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 340
  • $IMG_0006.jpg
    $IMG_0006.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
I have been tempted to try them but reviews are polarizing to say the least. However, that is true with some other blades I consider excellent, e.g., Gillette Goal (India) & Bolzano.

Gillette Goals work great for me,Bolzano German blades are on par with German Wilkinsons,OK,but not my first choice.

I love the old Platinums and have had good initial results with some old French made "New Improved". I have yet to try the Russian Stainless and have been very tempted, but with the stock of blades I have on hand at the moment I am trying to be patient in buying more.

I'm confused as one photo shows Platinum & the other Stainless. :001_huh:

.......As far as I can figure out,both versions are still being cranked out in St. Pete.Strange to see 2 massive wax dollops on the stainless,most Russian Gillettes have the usual 2,including the Nacet Platinum.

I just ordered some of each type of the Russian Nacet blades. I have yet to use a Russian Gillette blade that I haven't liked immensely, including the Minora & all the Russian 7 O'clock versions.

Here is an image showing some of the older Nacet wrappers.
$ncb.jpg

I had some good shaves with these Nacet Platinum. I think they were made in Russia but I didn't have the box so I can't be sure
Anyone know if this specific blade is still being made or sold? All I ever see for sale are the Stainless.
$gnacet.jpg

I had some Shanghai made Super Nacet blades a few years ago. For me the shave was similar to Vietnamese market Super Thins.
$snacet.jpg

$snacetchinabox0.jpg

I also have some Gillette UK labeled Nacet Platinum blades. I'm not sure if they were made in England or Russia as I've never opened the pack.
$nacetPlatUK1.jpg

I guess all we are missing are a few photos of the Czech version....Notice that Xillions wrappers say "made in England" and not "made by Gillette FOR Gillette UK"....This could mean made for "distribution" in the UK and manufactured elsewhere.

I have both Russian-made platinums and stainless. Both are not very sharp, medium or a tiny bit below medium sharpness. If you have very tough beard they probaly won't do the job. Even in my R41 2013 they don't do well

OK, today I received & tried both the Nacet Platinum & Stainless. I shaved one side of my face with either blade. The Stainless gave me a fantastic smooth shave whereas the Platinum had just a tad of "tugginess". I have no idea where either blade is made as there is nothing written en English to tell where. A 2nd shave will tell more obviously. Both my blades look exactly as in malocchio's photos.

Boge...give them a few more shaves,the platinum may get better for the second shave,you never know....Let us know your findings..

Boge...give them a few more shaves,the platinum may get better for the second shave,you never know....Let us know your findings..

I thought the same, hence the 2nd shave disclaimer. I wrote the vendor who replied that both are Gillette Russian blades and says so in Arabic on the boxes. I have never had a bad Gillette Russian blade yet, just some I like better than others. Interestingly, some (including myself) feel the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless is smoother than the 7 O'clock SharpEdge. The Nacet Stainless would make a 'hat trick' for me with the Gillette Goal Stainless from India.:001_smile

Last edited:
Top Bottom