What's new

The most you spent on a hair cut?

Seventy-five dollars. I can't write the numerals down, too painful. Ho-hum little place in my old neighborhood here in Santa Monica, now closed. Frequented by (gasp) movie stars.

$46.00

I bought my Wahl Icon clippers awhile back. The first cut was $46.00 and even since then, they have paid for themselves a thousand times over.

Frank

I used to pay $38 plus a tip (I tipped twenty percent) in the 80's and early 90's in NY. That seems crazy now that I've spent the past two decades in the south as an underpaid police officer.

I think I paid $40 once at a salon for a normal man's haircut (which had to be described). It was a salon that my sister went to at the mall. Between the horrible smell and the difficulty in "not" getting a horrible high schoolers "hair in your face" cut, I didn't much enjoy it. ^_^
Now I pay $20. $14 for the cut (I go months between cuts), and $6 tip. I simply do not understand why people would pay a lot. This place I go to now, I don't even have to say what I want. Go in, sit down, they cut it, I leave. :) Makes for a nice trip.

My daughter cuts mine. I pay her $40. What else are fathers for? On the other hand, most of her other clients pay $80-400 (men+women). It's all about the location in this case. All I know is I'm in the wrong business.

25 dollars. the shampoo and stuff is where the value is. I love the way it feels. I currently pay 9 dollars. The quality is the same, but no shampooing.

My guy charges $19 and I tip him $4 on top of that. I consider that reasonable because he used to be an instructor at the local beauty school (so he's a beautician) and does a great job. I'm told the going rate for a barber cut here is $10 + tip.

I once spent sixty bucks on a haircut from a "Hollywood" stylist, and nobody on the street confused with me Brad Pitt. I had my hair cut by a Vietnamese stylist in Berkeley a few years ago. Picked her out of the local phone book. I was worried when I walked in off the street; seems that every Asian student at Cal Berkeley was in there for a buzz cut. But she gave me a perfect cut for 12 bucks. Nowadays it's Supercuts for $20, and they generally suck. But they're convenient.

When I had hair I paid 35 or so. This was in 1993 or so. The best I ever had was Greens Barber shop just outside the gate at Fort McClellan. 5 bucks and a shavette on the neck, and above the ears. Followed by the hot towel and a splash of something that made steam come out of your ears followed by the coldest feeling ever. I miss barber shops so much I let one of the locals here do a "straight" shave of my head and face. My son got the shave and haircut.

I paid about $50 at TOBS in London. It was a really good haircut, and the barber was very friendly and efficient. And the barbershop was awesome!! They had everything you can imagine -- every TOBS product you can imagine. It was charged out in GBP, so I'm not exactly sure what I paid. It was worth every US cent...

$60 once at Bumble & Bumble NYC. Once was enough, unless I should find myself flush and fancy.

I once spent sixty bucks on a haircut from a "Hollywood" stylist, and nobody on the street confused with me Brad Pitt. I had my hair cut by a Vietnamese stylist in Berkeley a few years ago. Picked her out of the local phone book. I was worried when I walked in off the street; seems that every Asian student at Cal Berkeley was in there for a buzz cut. But she gave me a perfect cut for 12 bucks. Nowadays it's Supercuts for $20, and they generally suck. But they're convenient.

Seventy-five dollars. I can't write the numerals down, too painful. Ho-hum little place in my old neighborhood here in Santa Monica, now closed. Frequented by (gasp) movie stars.

Wow. Now I don't feel so bad. That's a lot of clams to shell out.

My daughter cuts mine. I pay her $40. What else are fathers for? On the other hand, most of her other clients pay $80-400 (men+women). It's all about the location in this case. All I know is I'm in the wrong business.

Winner! Worth every penny:)

I had a stretch of when I started cutting my own hair from when I was 13 till I was 24. I moved to Japan and my Wahl shearer wouldn't work with the change of wattage. So I put it off and finally needed one. It was 30 bucks. Decided to go to a mall that day and just buy a new buzzer and vowed to never pay again. Been cutting my hair since.

Top Bottom