What's new

The Knights of the Veg Table - An Honor Roll Call for the Chosen

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20230819_220312~2.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Got the Lilac Vegetal on once again today! I don't know what it is about this stuff. It leaves my face super smooth, tight, and soft.
It's definitely a whole different thing after decanting. Especially considering the first time I tried it, I needed to shower it off because it made me nauseous.
Welcome to the chosen, Sir TOVT Knight of the Veg Table. If you so desire join this brotherhood.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

It's Arko! August and High Efficiency Summer 2023​

Razor: Aristocrat
Blade: Dorco Titan(2)
Brush: Shavemac 26/52
Soap: Arko!
ASL: the "Veg"
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
20230826_075132[1].jpg

Another splendid mid-morning shave. Wonderful razor and blade pairing. One pass, with lots of buffing and drips of water from the faucet on the razor to keep it wet.
My 26/52 Shavemac is still displaying some scritch, unlike it's little 22/50 brother. Needs more cowbell.

ARKO!

Have a Good One

~doug~

Gentlemen, happy to finally say I’m one of the chosen.

I went to the store yesterday and there was a bottle opened. Smelled it. Ok, weird, I don’t know. Sharp, sour. I put some on my skin, waited 2 min. Wow, that’s different. Floral, baby powder, sweet.

Waited a little more, I tried Special reserve, loved it, to the cart it went.

Back to the veg bottle, weird. I smelled my hand, wonderful floral talc scent. Ok, I’ll go for it!

First use today, loved it.

There’s a sharp note upon opening the bottle but that’s not the scent that you’ll end up with after dry down. Give it 3 minutes on the skin and it‘s amazing!

I‘m in!

Raven Koenes

My precious!

I went to the store yesterday and there was a bottle opened. Smelled it. Ok, weird, I don’t know. Sharp, sour. I put some on my skin, waited 2 min. Wow, that’s different. Floral, baby powder, sweet.

Back to the veg bottle, weird. I smelled my hand, wonderful floral talc scent. Ok, I’ll go for it!

There’s a sharp note upon opening the bottle but that’s not the scent that you’ll end up with after dry down. Give it 3 minutes on the skin and it‘s amazing!

I‘m in!
Welcome Sir Alex Jr!

I‘m in!
I have found the plastic imparts a bad odor to the juice. I decant into glass first and then it's nothing but sweet smells.

I didn’t choose the Veg; the Veg chose me.

There I was in the narrow aisle of Pasteur Pharmacy, staring up at the Clubman Pinaud aftershaves on the top shelves. I had grabbed the original aftershave as planned, and was considering an additional bottle of something else. But which one? I had heard great things about many of them, but I had to be reasonable and pick just one. Just then, a woman came barreling down the aisle, making her way to the back of the store. I turned around and pressed my back against the shelves, trying as best I could to make room for her. In Pasteur’s tight aisles, this is no easy task. After she passed, I turned back around, and in doing so knocked into the shelves. Just as I finished my turn, I saw a bright green object falling from above. Fortunately my reflexes were quick, and I stuck out my hand to catch it as it reached my waist. With my hand shaking from the adrenaline, I clutched the rectangular plastic bottle and read the label. There it was in big capital letters: LILAC VEGETAL. My decision was made.

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    980.7 KB · Views: 4
This may be sacrilege: I ordered some Lilac essential oil and added a few drops to my decanted bottle. What a difference compared to my first day trying The Lilac Vegetal.
Poured some of the decanted with extra Lilac into the misterator.
Haven't posted a pic in 'what are you opening,' but my second 12 oz bottle of Lilac Vegetal is in hand! Or on the shelf.

BD301882-8017-456E-BDB6-2C3943A8841C.jpeg

20231012_085644.jpg

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannons Soaps Black Magic
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

I stepped out of the bathroom this morning and the wife said "That one smells like you."

???

Top Bottom