What's new

The Converter is Empty

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The Diamine Oxblood cartridge in the Sheaffer VFM finally emptied. Flushed and stowed.

Helix Oxford Stainless filled with Diamine Bilberry to bring the in use fountain pens back up to three. I think this might be my first full tank with this ink.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Wing Sung 3008 Demonstrator. I had a couple of ink samples that I wasn't enamoured with (too pale a blue, and too washy an orange), and so mixed them together, and ended up with a kind of dark olive green type affair. The depth of ink in the sample bottle wasn't quite enough for a full fill. Maybe 2/3 of a tank. I'll use the rest for refilling cartridges with a syringe.

I also filled a new Kaweco mini cartridge in a Helix Oxford with an odd purple that was in another sample bottle. I believe it's part Diamine Amaranth and part Oxblood. I want these samples using up, so I've got the bottles free for refuelling pens that won't reach deep enough into a part used 30ml Diamine bottle.

Parker 45 Flighter will be empty of Quink Black Permanent by the end of the day, and will be flushed and stowed away.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Wing Sung 3008 Demonstrator. I had a couple of ink samples that I wasn't enamoured with (too pale a blue, and too washy an orange), and so mixed them together, and ended up with a kind of dark olive green type affair.

...and it's not behaving.

The pen is skipping regularly. Far more than I have ever noticed before. I though the nib might have stepped out of tune, but that all seems pretty much as it should be. I think I'll dump this fill, strip it down and give it a good clean in the tank and feed, and then partly refill it with my known inks.

20220220_104544.jpg

All change... Twsbi eco with Silor Epinard, Pilot 91 with Beaufort inks zodiac and Kaweco Dia 2 with diamine sherwood green all tapping out.

Lamy pur was inked with diamine aurora borialis, re-inked with visconti Blue.

Ran my Pilot Metropolitan out of Diamine Wild Strawberry and reloaded it with the same.

Was disappointed in the ink at first but have come to realize as a newbie I didn't dry the pen well enough when I first switched from my Waterman Tender Purple to the Diamine and it was a bit watered down at first.

Love the shade of red now!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Baoer 388 Diamine Chocolate Brown

Flushed and will be put away when dry. Still five other fountain pens inked. I won't refill anything till that drops to below three.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Helix Oxford Stainless ran dry of Diamine Sapphire Blue. Flushed and put away.

Helix Oxford Blue ran dry of Cult Pens Deep Dark Green. Flushed and put away.

Sheaffer VFM didn't run dry of Diamine Blood Orange, but started skipping and blobbing. Flushed and put aside for a closer inspection later.

The two remaining inked pens are down to their last 1/4 of a cartridge too. I think I might start inking up the replacements.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Helix Oxford Silver ran out of Diamine Violet. Flushed and stowed.

Baoer 388 brought into play with a Diamine Burgundy Royale cartridge.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Parker IM Red Ignite had a Quink Blue cartridge in, and was running on vapours, so I grabbed a syringe and filled it back up with Diamine Teal.

I also inked up a Helix Oxford with a short fill of Diamine Passion Red.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
^^^ The Helix Oxford really wasn't performing well with the Passion Red. Very poor flow wasn't helping the rather wishy washy colour. So, I got a syringe, slurped up some Burgundy Royale from the cartridge in the Baoer 388, and injected that into the converter in the Helix.

Much better. A far more prominent colour, and vastly improved flow. I think I'll be using this mix more often.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Ohto Tasche ran out of Sargasso Sea. Flushed and stowed. Now I need to use up a couple more, to get back down to my sweet spot of three inked pens. :001_rolle

Top Bottom