What's new

The Converter is Empty

Namiki Falcon ran dry...and it's cleaned and out of rotation for the moment. A silver Estie was topped off with 5 O'Clock Shadow as a stand in.

Lamy Safari ran out...refilled with PR Ebony purple and swapped the 1.1 nib for the EF. Writes like beaut.

Konrad also ran out yesterday...refilled it about halfway with Diamine Twilight from sample vial. Can someone post / link me to a comparison of that vs. Noodler's 54th Mass.? From what I recall, this looks quite similar.

Last edited:
Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman ran out of Akkerman #8. It was getting a little gummy around the nib and feed so I "field cleaned" it in the office - A quick flush and soak in an office tea cup and it'll be ready to refill at home tonight.

My Hero 100 ran out of Akkerman #10 yesterday night, in the middle of a letter.

I cleaned it out, and left it nib down to dry.

My Parker 51 Aerometric ran out of Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. Flushed and refilled with a new ink, Organics Studio "Blue Merle", a dark blue-gray.

This is my first ever post to this thread, because I've just emptied my first ever converter!

Franklin Christoph B&B Essential just ran out of Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai. I'm going to refill it with whichever sample I blindly take out of the pile given to me by my mother-in-law for Christmas.... unless it's Baystate Blue... that's not coming anywhere near this pen.

Diplomat Magnum Soft Touch emptied of its included cartridge (probably J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir).

(I will not take half-full cartridge pens on airplanes. I will not take half-full cartridge pens on airplanes. I will not....)

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Emptied a Pelikan M400 of Montblanc blue and filled with old (2005) Lamy blue-black, the iron-gall formula. I forgot how dry this ink was, I wonder if the newest is better flowing.

Green Esterbrook J (possibly being) emptied of F-C Olde Emerald. Not sure why I have a bunch of ink in the cap.

I cleaned the ink out of the cap at work (at least what I could) and managed to turn the nib in the section an extra five degrees. I'll have to check for a cracked section or something not quite sealing in the fitting between the nib and the section.

Last edited:
Pilot Falcon ran dry at work...so I put a bit of Waterman's Florida Blue in it (I keep a bottle at work) to tide me over 'till home. Flushed clean and filled with Whaleman's Sepia once home. Nice!

Pelikan medium nib loaded with Noodlers 54th Massachusetts.

Lamy Safari medium nib needed a bit of adjustment as it is brand new and was not writing as I wanted it to. Once I made the adjustment I loaded Noodlers 54th Massachusetts.

Lami Vista ran out of Liberty's Elysium just now. I'll have to wait till I get home tomorrow to flush it.

edit: I have my samplers with me, so Noodler's Luxury blue is in it now. it's not as good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom