What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

53-8-3.jpg

From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

Fairly popular tires back in the day. I remember my father buying them in pairs at the local Esso station.

View attachment 1834304
What was the brand of tire whose ads featured an enormous human fist emerging from the tread to grab a fistful of asphalt? "______ Tires Grip the Road!" Armstrong?

View attachment 1835340
Green onions, pipe, and wine I can get. But a slice of pie fouls your breath? And what is that fifth thing? Oh, wait -- it's a cigarette. Okay.

My father always had a roll of LIfe Savers in his pocket, usually this flavor. I grew up with the Wint-O-Green and Spear-O-Mint flavors as well.

LS tried a "clove" flavor at one point. I tasted one and threw the roll away.

Green onions, pipe, and wine I can get. But a slice of pie fouls your breath? And what is that fifth thing? Oh, wait -- it's a cigarette. Okay.

My father always had a roll of LIfe Savers in his pocket, usually this flavor. I grew up with the Wint-O-Green and Spear-O-Mint flavors as well.

LS tried a "clove" flavor at one point. I tasted one and threw the roll away.
I had the same question. The rest are stereotypical things, but a piece of pie?

Maybe it's supposed to be Limburger cheese?

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I'm pretty sure that's a triangle of cheese in that Life Savers ad.

Time to go walk the property with our old girl dog in a few minutes. A jolly, gentle, sterling Golden. The neighborhood's greeter. Even the mailman comes down to pet her.

... as I finish a bowl of SWRA in an old Stanwell that I forgot to finish last night.

Top Bottom