What's new

The Best Diners & Dives in Every State. :

Although I love a good Tudors biscuit, I'd have to say they picked wrong for West Virginia. I think Hillbilly Hotdogs should be the choice, Guy Fieri frequents the place when he is around these parts. Id also suggest anyone if ever near huntington WV look them up and go eat some great gourmet, and not so rednecked Hotdogs in a schoolbus. Dont eat the one in downtown Huntington though, its a fake some person stole recipes from them and the name. The real one is out on RT 60.

I totally agree with the Fleetwood in Ann arbor, the late night crowd is awesome to watch, always a show. I had breakfast there last week, Hippy Hash, a must.

Another great mention for Ann Arbor is "Northside grill". Locally sorced and organic ingredients, with an amazing price to go with.

The Red Arrow diner in Manchester, NH is a great diner in the old sense. It's been around since the 1930s, IIRC. There once were several scattered around the state but only Manchester survived. I don't count the Milford location as a real Red Arrow though -- it only opened a few years ago. Anyway -- It gets props for being a true old classic diner in the truest sense of the word -- with cheap, good food and waitresses that give you attitude and call you, "Hon".
The presidential campaigns go there every election year, and Guy Fieri profiled it on his show so it's "famous" now.

That said -- I've stopped even trying to go there because it's jammed all the time (unless you go at some strange time). Even late at night and wee hours it's busy -- well known as a last stop after clubbing or a pub crawl. There are 4 booths and maybe 12 counter stools. And the line not only extends out the door, but actually starts inside behind the counter customers, so if you like people staring over your should watching you eat.....

While it's a great place to bring tourists who have heard of it, there are better "dives" that you don't have to wait an hour to get into.
I agree with you on the Red Arrow. I feel like a diner should be a place you can stop in and not have to worry about a long wait (at least not on the average weekday). I like the Tilt'n Diner myself. Nothing you couldn't find at many other diners, but I've always had a good experience.

I agree with you on the Red Arrow. I feel like a diner should be a place you can stop in and not have to worry about a long wait (at least not on the average weekday). I like the Tilt'n Diner myself. Nothing you couldn't find at many other diners, but I've always had a good experience.

yep, the Tilt'n Diner is good -- strangely better than the Airport Diner which is owned by the same people and has almost the same menu.

There used to be a good one off of exit 23 in Merideth too. Don't know if it's still there.

I'd put Poor Boys in Londonderry above both, though -- but it's not really a diner, it started as a truck stop, I believe -- but it serves all the typical diner food and has a diner vibe.

Picking one per state is tough ... the one in Illinois, where I grew up, I've never heard of and I lived in the burbs for years.

The one in my new homestate of Wisconsin I have heard of, but haven't been to.

There's so many though ... we went to a place last night that was just phenomenal in it's simple bar type food. Had an amazing beef tenderloin sammich. The Drift In in Green Bay ... fantastic place.

Out of ALLLLL the places that possibly might fit into the title, the author chose The Camellia Grill in New Orleans???? The poor author must not have wanted to travel too far from his/her comfortable laqrge hotel suite!

If you go to the Lafayette area, I would tell you to find Prejean's, not far off the I-10 interchange, there.

In the more local Alexandria/Pineville area, (a river runs through it), for the 'Alex' side, it would be The Pitt Grill, which is the closest thing to a real diner, from one who has been to many a Long Island, NY, diner. On the Pineville side, about five minutes 'noirh of the town limits', is a small fish place called The Paradise Restaurant.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
MSN Food & Drink - 11 Jan 15

"For this list, we scoured Yelp reviews, local newspapers, and culinary awards to find the most popular and beloved diner in every state. We defined diner as a restaurant whose primary purpose is serving breakfast, and awarded bonus points to dives open 24-7".

Read More:http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-best-diners-in-every-state/ss-BBhmGvi#image=1

But with all things being equal (and no doubt suggestive),...what's the Best Diner in your state (or is yours listed?)
proxy.php

Mine is.
proxy.php

In my state of birth...it's the Fleetwood Diner with locations in Lansing, MI (20mins from East Lansing...where I was born & the food is awesome), and Ann Arbor, MI is beloved by college students and locals alike for its Hippie Hash: hash browns tossed with grilled tomato, green pepper, onion, mushroom, and broccoli topped with feta cheese. :thumbsup:

The Saganaki (imported Greek Kasseri cheese that is brought to your table on a hot plate and lit on fire [accompanied with shouts of acclamation..."OPA!"] Saganaki - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saganaki#cite_note-parthenon-2. The chesse is put out with lemon juice and served with pita bread....'it's to die for'!
proxy.php
BUMP :tongue_sm
proxy.php
"Popular Lansing diner is best in Michigan"

By Rachel Greco - Lansing State Journal - 5 Mar 24

"LANSING — Michigan's best diner is right here in Lansing, according to the website loveFOOD.com.

A listing of the best diners in each state published on the website in late February lists Fleetwood Diner, which operates locations in Lansing and Ann Arbor, as the best in the Great Lakes state.

"People flock to Fleetwood Diner for filling breakfasts like its signature dish, the hippie hash: hash browns tossed with vegetables and feta cheese," the website said. "You can add meat, but the diner’s flexibility and good range of vegetarian and vegan options makes a refreshing change."
1709959732875.jpeg
proxy.php
proxy.php
1709959703412.jpeg

The silver diner, 2211 S. Cedar St., is known for its black-and-white checkered flooring and red booths. The diner serves omelets, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, steak, and pork chops. French toast stuffed with sweetened cream cheese, then topped with "simmered fruit topping," powdered sugar and whipped cream is popular, too.

"It’s the friendly service and fun overall experience that really wins over customers, though," loveFOOD.com said. "To add to the charm, the tiny, trailer-style diner’s internal walls are plastered floor-to-ceiling in stickers".

Works Cited: Fleetwood Diner - Lansing, MI

proxy.php
"The diner is everybody's kitchen". Richard Gutman

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dear Members:
proxy.php
If you ever have a chance to drive through Lafayette, LA (The Bayou State ), and you're hungry for good 'ole diner...stop by the Hub City Diner. 🚙

"Step back in time and embrace the nostalgic feel of Hub City Diner in Lafayette. Enjoy their biscuits and grits, a reviewer favorite, or the Blue Plate Special featuring a hamburger steak and two sides—that are guaranteed to leave your cravings fully satisfied!

The diner isn’t just a trip down memory lane; it’s also a culinary haven for everyone, where they offer reasonably priced menu items that won’t dent your wallet. They even offer a nice selection of wines too".

1710473157711.jpeg
proxy.php
1710473200276.jpeg
1710474090318.jpeg
proxy.php

Read More: Hub City Diner

proxy.php
"The Diner is everybody's kitchen". Richard Gutman

Last edited:
Top Bottom