What's new

The arsenal

Right now I’m working with a Rockwell 6s usually the number 3. I use this razor in the days when I’m running short on time or have other things on my mind and just need a fast shave. I have a Yates 921-m that’s more of a slow and enjoyable shave. I mainly use it in the weekends. My soap of choice right now is cella red.
What are you all working with?

Almost exclusively a Timeless Titanium razor. Between the .68 and .95 I get great, easy shaves or great shaves that require a little concentration. I have other razors I need to use more though to determine whether I should move on from them or not. No sense in keeping razors in storage where they never get used.

On soaps, well, I'm going through them. I enjoy many soaps but MdC is my go-to when I need a great, easy to use soap.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Almost exclusively a Timeless Titanium razor. Between the .68 and .95 I get great, easy shaves or great shaves that require a little concentration. I have other razors I need to use more though to determine whether I should move on from them or not. No sense in keeping razors in storage where they never get used.

On soaps, well, I'm going through them. I'm enjoy many soaps but MdC is my go-to when I need a great, easy to use soap.
Timeless makes a phenomenal razor. I have one in Bronze and one in Titanium. They are sculpture.

Timeless makes a phenomenal razor. I have one in Bronze and one in Titanium. They are sculpture.

I've always admired the bronze and wanted one. They look stunning. Never pulled the trigger though because of the uncertainty of how the patina would develop and wasn't sure what to do to maintain the metal. Best thing about a Timeless is not how it looks though, it's how it shaves. Ymmv, of course.

How does your bronze shave compared to the titanium? Asking for a friend 😉

I've always admired the bronze and wanted one. They look stunning. Never pulled the trigger though because of the uncertainty of how the patina would develop and wasn't sure what to do to maintain the metal. Best thing about a Timeless is not how it looks though, it's how it shaves. Ymmv, of course.

That’s the very glory of a bronze razor! They always look better with age in my humble opinion.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I like it better actually. By a little bit. It likes a little more wet lather. Too dry and it sticks to my incredibly handsome face!

RazoRock Lupo .58SB with their titanium haloed handle.
Nacet, Feather, or Personna Comfort Coated Blades (The Personna is new to me and may become my go to.)
Unscented Stirling Soap (all of them work well)
Mennen Skin Bracer
Mühle STF XL and AP ShaveCo 26mm G5C brushes

Technique is probably more important than the tools. It's taken me a while to nail down my technique ... and I'm sure it will be forever refined. But I've become quit successful at delivering a mostly +- 97% BBS shave.

RazoRock Lupo .58SB with their titanium haloed handle.
Nacet, Feather, or Personna Comfort Coated Blades (The Personna is new to me and may become my go to.)
Unscented Stirling Soap (all of them work well)
Mennen Skin Bracer
Mühle STF XL and AP ShaveCo 26mm G5C brushes

Technique is probably more important than the tools. It's taken me a while to nail down my technique ... and I'm sure it will be forever refined. But I've become quit successful at delivering a mostly +- 97% BBS shave.
Hey that’s a good selection! What do you think about the personas so far?

To fly the flag for SE razors, my favourite now is the Colonial General v2 with a Feather Pro blade. Unfortunately the General is out of production, but at least I get an added twinge of satisfaction when using it because I got such a great razor while it was available.
In this warm weather (in the UK) Speick cream is very pleasant, whipped up with a Muhle STF brush. Afterwards, Fuar Ach Snog ASB, Ralon splash or Speick splash.
At first when I saw this thread title I thought B&B had strayed into the realm of Premier League football.

TBH, I've only had three shaves with the Personna. But so far it's been remarkable smooth, forgiving, and sharp. Also, it seems to have gotten better as I've used it. It'll hit that point where it isn't so smooth or sharp but three shaves in and it's still amazes me. I tried a different Personna in the past and didn't like it at all. But this new one -- the Made in U.S.A., Comfort Coated -- has me wondering if it's the blade. Heh.

Top Bottom