What's new

The Anything Thread

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Got the top back on the Jeep. Time to head back down to Green Bay for the work week. Didn't catch any fish (or penguins), but it was still better than working.

Forget the fish, how do we get rid of giant penguins?
proxy.php

"The sheep don't like it, rockin' the cat box." (Real lyric: "Shareef don't like it, rock the Casbah," The Clash.)

Still wrong, I'm sad to say. It's: "SHARIA (Islamic law) don't like it, rock the Casbah."

Actually you're wrong, Rich. Sharif happens to an Arabic tribal title, the equivalent to noble or leader if you will. The Clash never really did say who they're referring to, but there are some who think it might be a shot at Khomeini for banning rock music back after the Iranian Revolution.

S

stubble trouble

The clash sounds a lot better now to me than when my big bro. Would jam it on cassette before school. "Guns of Brixton" - is a favorite. Anyway, i've heard of peoe getting poppy bulbs or possibly Kratom leaves to make tea
For special occasions, any thoughts.

Actually you're wrong, Rich. Sharif happens to an Arabic tribal title, the equivalent to noble or leader if you will. The Clash never really did say who they're referring to, but there are some who think it might be a shot at Khomeini for banning rock music back after the Iranian Revolution.

Hmmm...well that does make sense too. Call it a draw? lol Most of the online soucres ive seen have sharia but the others have sharif. So in other words, i blame the internet.

Hmmm...well that does make sense too. Call it a draw? lol Most of the online soucres ive seen have sharia but the others have sharif. So in other words, i blame the internet.

It's Shariff, I have a lyric book that goes with the Clash boxed set I own.

Top Bottom